Subject: OPES Status and IETF 56

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:04:11 -0500

Folks,

the design teams of the threat/risk and of the policy requirements 
drafts are currently in progress to address the remaining open issues. 
We expect this to be finished by next week, issue WG last call and 
wrap up those documents. If you had some additional thoughts on these 
documents over the holidays, *now* is the time to speak up!

With respect to meeting at IETF 56 in San Francisco, we're waiting on 
requesting a slot until we see enough *new* material to discuss (with 
'new' referring to work on the protocol and the rules language). We do 
*not* intend requesting meeting time if the old documents are still on 
our plate and no new work has started. As such, if you've any thoughts 
on the protocol issue or on the rules language, or suggestions on how 
to get things rolling, please speak up!

We've also requested an update on our goals and milestones to better 
reflect the status of our WG - see 
http://ietf.org/html.charters/opes-charter.html for the updated 
milestones.

And... happy new year to all of you!

-Markus