Subject: OCP version head_sid2 available

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 23:37:31 -0700 (MST)

To the best of my knowledge, all specific OCP comments that caused no
further objections/questions are now applied to the draft. I also made
a few additions/improvements. The [major] change log is quoted below.
The latest snapshot, including XML sources for those doing hands-on
modifications, is available at

	http://www.measurement-factory.com/tmp/opes/

Please continue to comment and work on the to-do list. I am especially
interested in feedback regarding the new meta-data approach (see
change log).

Thank you,

Alex.

-------------- change log ----------------

Appendix A. Change Log
<155>
<156>
   o  introduced a notion of meta-data to both simplify OCP and make OCP
      agnostic to application meta-data; previous approach essentially
      assumed existence of a few common properties like protocol name or
      application message source/destination while not allowing any
      other properties to be exchanged between OCP agents); specific
      meta-data format/contents is not important to OCP but OCP will
      help agents to negotiate that format/contents
<157>
   o  removed wording implying that OCP adapts application messages; OCP
      only used to exchange data and meta-data (which facilitates
      adaptation)
<158>
   o  changed most of the definitions; added definitions for meta-data,
      original/adapted flows, and others
<159>
   o  split 'data-pause' message into 'data-pause' request by the
      callout server and 'data-paused' notification by the OPES
      processor; fixed "paused" state management
<160>
   o  added motivation for data acking mechanism
<161>
   o  replaced "am-proto", "am-kind", "am-source", and "am-destination"
      parameters with "meta-data"
<162>
   o  replaced SERVER and CLIENT placeholders with "callout server" and
      "OPES processor"
<163>
   o  added editing marks