Subject: [end points comm] OPES System

From: "Abbie Barbir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:13:31 -0400

All,

As per the minutes of the 57th IETF, the work on draft-ietf-opes-end-comm-00
requires us to come up with a definition of an "OPES system".

The intend of this e-mail is to start a thread that comes to a conclusion
from the WG. This will be used in the -01 of the draft that will be comming
soon.

To start off the discussion, can we state that an OPES system is the
collection of entities that perform OPES transformations on a
request/responce within an OPES flow?

Other e-mail threads will be used to discuss the remainder of the points
that need to be addressed to finalize the draft.

Cheers,

Abbie

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:52:24 -0400

> request/responce within an OPES flow?

Isn't there somewhere an assumption in the drafts that an "OPES 
System" describes OPES entities that are operated (or belong) to a 
single operatore/trustdomain/carrier?

Thanks,
   Markus