Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-opes-http-02.txt

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:21:03 -0500

We are starting WG last call on the "HTTP adaptation with OPES" draft
(see attached). The last call period closes on Friday, January 23
at 5pm EST. Please post any comments, etc. to the mailing list, and
please point out whether you feel your comment is editorial or a
show-stopper.

Thanks,
   Markus

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opes-http-02.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:09:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Pluggable Edge Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: HTTP adaptation with OPES
	Author(s)	: A. Rousskov, M. Stecher
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opes-http-02.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 2004-1-15
	
Open Pluggable Edge Services (OPES) framework documents several
application-agnostic mechanisms such as OPES tracing, OPES bypass,
and OPES callout protocol. This document binds those mechanisms to a
specific application protocol, HTTP.  Together, application-agnostic
OPES documents and this HTTP binding constitute a complete
specification for HTTP adaptation with OPES.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opes-http-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-opes-http-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opes-http-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:49:10 -0500

Hi,

since there was no additional feedback, we've forwarded this draft to 
IESG for consideration as proposed standard.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to the draft, but in particular to 
Martin and Alex who put in a lot of effort and time into this draft - 
great job!!

Thanks,
   Markus

Markus Hofmann wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Subject:
> To:
> IETF-Announce: ;
> To:
> IETF-Announce: ;
> CC:
> [email-masked]

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:43:34 -0800

> Martin and Alex who put in a lot of effort and time into this draft - 

i concur. excellent!

/mtr

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:20:25 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for nice comments! I am less excited about the HTTP draft
quality, but I think the quality is sufficient for a PS status (as
documented and, perhaps, as implemented by IESG as well).  Early
implementations should allow for further bugfixing and polishing of
the draft.

The first thing IESG should notice is that the draft lacks IANA
Considerations section. We use iana.org URIs for profile feature
identifiers, but we do not "register" them. The identifier domain and
pathname components are questionable as well. We do not register
message part tokens either. I did not comment about that during the
last call because I do not know the solution, and because I am not
sure PS status requires IANA Considerations section. Hopefully, this
is a minor issue that will not delay the draft approval by much.

Thanks,

Alex.

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Marshall Rose wrote:

> > Thanks to everybody who contributed to the draft, but in
> > particular to Martin and Alex who put in a lot of effort and time
> > into this draft - great job!!
>
> i concur. excellent!
>
> /mtr
>
>