Subject: Request for Agenda ITems at IETF 61

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:50:14 -0400

Folks,

we've tentatively requested a one hour time slot for the upcoming IETF 
meeting in Washington. Please send in any agenda item request!

Based on my previous email, I would assume that we could have "P vs. 
Sieve" and "SMTP Use Cases" on the agenda. Anyone willing to present 
on either of these topics please let us know.

-Markus

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:46:27 -0400

Folks,

if we don't have agenda items nor speakers, we don't need to meet in 
Washington. Please send it agenda items or indicate your willingness 
to speak to one of the two suggested topics ASAP.

Otherwise we'll cancel the meeting at IETF 61.

Thanks,
   Markus

Markus Hofmann wrote:
> Sieve" and "SMTP Use Cases" on the agenda. Anyone willing to present on 
> either of these topics please let us know.
> 
> -Markus
>

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:10:24 -0400

Folks,

we got notice from Alex, Martin, and Abbie that neither will be able 
to come to IETF 61. No one else expressed interest to present, no 
agenda topic was submitted.

Under these circumstances, we intend to cancel our OPES WG meeting at 
IETF 61. If anyone changes his/her mind and is interested in 
presenting on the topics in our new proposed charter, please let us 
know by 5pm, EDT, Friday, 10/29. Otherwise, we'll cancel the meeting.

Looking forward, Martin Stecher offered to start putting together some 
text for a SMTP Use Cases draft, which should be the first new 
document. Anyone else interested in producing text for this draft, 
please let us know. Also - please keep the ideas for use cases rolling.

Thanks,
   Markus

Markus Hofmann wrote:
> Washington. Please send it agenda items or indicate your willingness to 
> speak to one of the two suggested topics ASAP.
>

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:29:52 -0400

Folks,

given the circumstances, we decided to cancel the OPES meeting at IETF 
61. This is regrettable, but we should now focus on getting the new 
work started and making some good progress in the very near future. 
This will allow us to have a really good meeting with "lots of meat" 
at IETF 62.

As OPES moves into new territories (e.g. our proposed SMTP work), we 
should leverage the kind of cross-Area/cross-group fertilization that 
is facilitated by the IETF, and by the IETF meetings, in particular. 
As such, we must not skip the next meeting, and I encourage everyone 
interested in OPES to come and also be active in the meetings. [I 
understand, though, that funding is any issue for many].

Thanks,
   Markus

Markus Hofmann wrote:
> 
> Folks,
> 
> we got notice from Alex, Martin, and Abbie that neither will be able to 
> come to IETF 61. No one else expressed interest to present, no agenda 
> topic was submitted.
> 
> IETF 61. If anyone changes his/her mind and is interested in presenting 
> on the topics in our new proposed charter, please let us know by 5pm, 
> EDT, Friday, 10/29. Otherwise, we'll cancel the meeting.
> 
> text for a SMTP Use Cases draft, which should be the first new document. 
> Anyone else interested in producing text for this draft, please let us 
> know. Also - please keep the ideas for use cases rolling.
> 
> Thanks,
>   Markus
> 
> 
> Markus Hofmann wrote:
> 
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>>> we've tentatively requested a one hour time slot for the upcoming 
>>> IETF meeting in Washington. Please send in any agenda item request!
>>>