Subject: BANK OF THE WEST NOTICE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:28:08 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Bank of the West customer,
We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in your
Bank of the West account from
a foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account was
hijacked by a third party without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in
attempts may have initiated by you.

However if you are the rightful holder of the account, click on the link below
and submit, as we try to verify your account. (In case your are not enrolled for Online Banking use your Social Security Number as User Name and  first 6 digits of Social
Security Number as Password):

https://www.bankofthewest.c0m/BOW/main.jsp?affiliate=9d1825494ae10

The log in attempt was made from:

IP address: 110.6.13.227

ISP host: 110.6.13.1.fastweb.rnet.org

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporally
suspend your account.

We ask that you allow at least 48hrs for the case to be investigated and we
strongly recommend not making any changes to your account in that time.

If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder,
please be aware that is in violation of Bank of the West policy to represent oneself as
another Bank of the West account owner.Such action may also be in violation of local,
national, and/or international law. Bank of the West is committed to assist law
enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal
information with the Internet to commit fraud or theft.

Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to
ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

* Please do not respond to this email as your reply
will not be received.

For assistance, log in to your Bank of the West account and choose the "HELP"
link.

Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

Regards,

The Bank of the West Corp. Copyright © 2005. All rights reserved.