Subject: Request for agenda items at IETF 64

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 09:09:34 -0400

Folks,

we're scheduled for a one hour meeting at the upcoming IETF meeting in 
Vancouver. Please send your agenda item requests to Tony and me ASAP.

You find a *tentative* agenda for our meeting at 
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/05nov/agenda/opes.txt.

Martin, Clemens - it would be important that one of you be available to 
present the OCP/SMTP draft (soon to be published).

Hilarie - do you intend to submit a draft on the rules language and talk 
to it at the meeting?

Everyone - anything else?

Thanks,
   Markus

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:04:32 -0400

Folks,

Clemens and Martin did a great job of getting our protocol work started 
- big thanks. We now need to move this forward by starting to address 
open issues.

 From the lack of feedback on the list, should we assume that no one has 
any issues with the proposal, that we're right on track and can quickly 
move forward to submit to IESG? If not, please speak up *now*.

We also need to find someone to lead through the draft and the 
discussion in Vancouver. Otherwise we don't need a meeting there. Please 
let Tony and/or me know of you're available.

Thanks,
   Markus

Clemens Perz wrote:
> 
> Dear Members,
> 
> the draft on SMTP adaption with OPES has been released and I hope you 
> all had fun reading it - just as much as Martin and I liked writing it.
> 
> Regrettably, none of us two can come to Vancouver personally. But we are 
> hoping, that many of you attend the meeting and that we find someone who 
> is willing to present the draft. We will provide the slides, but we need 
> someone to stand up and shout for us.
> 
> Who could it be?
> 
> Greetings,
> 
> Clemens
> 
> 
> --On Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2005 09:09 -0400 Markus Hofmann 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>>
>> Folks,
>>

---

From: Clemens Perz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:56:47 +0200

Dear Members,

the draft on SMTP adaption with OPES has been released and I hope you all 
had fun reading it - just as much as Martin and I liked writing it.

Regrettably, none of us two can come to Vancouver personally. But we are 
hoping, that many of you attend the meeting and that we find someone who is 
willing to present the draft. We will provide the slides, but we need 
someone to stand up and shout for us.

Who could it be?

Greetings,

Clemens

---

From: Rob Siemborski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:38:44 +0530

> move forward to submit to IESG? If not, please speak up *now*.

Given the lack of traffic on this list (and indeed, the amount of time
it took to find someone to write this draft) I highly doubt this is a
safe assumption.

-Rob

--
Rob Siemborski        |     PGP:0x5CE32FCC    |     [email-masked]
Software Engineer     |                       |            650-623-6925

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:53:23 -0400

> it took to find someone to write this draft) I highly doubt this is a

Then please speak up.

Thanks,
   Markus

---

From: jfcm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 02:22:54 +0200

>>it took to find someone to write this draft) I highly doubt this is a

could someone be so kind as to give the URL of the draft?
thank you.

Markus, could you give us some time? May be a good thing to run a 
Last Call? It cannot hurt in the report to IESG and gives us an 
incentive to review the text within 15 days?
jfc

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:27:45 -0400

> could someone be so kind as to give the URL of the draft?

http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opes-smtp-00.txt

> Markus, could you give us some time? May be a good thing to run a Last 
> Call? It cannot hurt in the report to IESG and gives us an incentive to 
> review the text within 15 days?

For sure. The goal is to have a list of issues that we can discuss in 
Vancouver. This only works, of course, if folks send *constructive* 
comments to the mailing list beforehand.

We need a *discussion* now. In the unexpected case that no one raises 
any issues, the next logical step is to submit to IESG. But certainly 
not before Vancouver. [And, honestly, I cannot imagine that no one has 
any comments...].

Thanks,
   Markus