Subject: Simply accessing a variablewithout first acquiring the appropriate lock can cause a data race.

From: Simms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:08:55 +0100

Assume that Ti is the number of times that basicblock i is executed
during the run with the training workload. Youcan also use the
-dargument to specify a directoryinto which the experiments should be
stored.

Allocatable array components may appearin SEQUENCE types, but objects of
such types are then prohibitedfrom COMMON and EQUIVALENCE.

The data will be collectedin the directory from where you will invoke
the start-collector.

This means that the operation needs to grab a lock for each of
theresources before performing the operation. The script also
automatically creates a shell-script filenamed kill.

If you want to examine it on a different machine,you should set -A copy
to make the experiment more portable. Data races are easy to introduce.
ClusterTools 7 is based on Open MPI 1. And in most cases, the engineer
who is responsible fordebugging or increasing the performance of the
application is not theoriginal software designer ordeveloper.

In this particular casethere is no report to produce as the output is
produced during therun.

As a program participant, you can have access to the latest Sun hardware
at discounted rates to support your product developments. The Sun Studio
Express Program provides developers an early look at new features and
technologies for testing and feedback.

You may specify it eitheras an absolute path to wherever you have
installed the tools, or as thecommand name only, provided you have set
your path to include theinstallation location. Download A PatchAs an
example, let's download a typical SUNWlibC patch for the SPARC platform.
Only the master thread continues execution of user codebeyond the end of
the parallel construct.

TXT is the userlicense textREADME.

And in most cases, the engineer who is responsible fordebugging or
increasing the performance of the application is not theoriginal
software designer ordeveloper.

With dbx, you can set breakpoints inside a parallelregion and step
through the code of a parallel region, examinevariables that are private
to a thread, and so on. It is possible to calculate coverage as a
singlevalue. Feedback options are listed in the footer for both content
and delivery issues. , working on x86 compilation and
Fortranoptimization.

Note that Sun Studio softwareincludes third-party technologiesgoverned
by athird party license readme file.

ASSUME pragmas are described in detail in the FortranUser's Guide.

First log in to sunsolve.

The simplest case of deadlock occurs when two threads hold locks
fordifferent resources and each thread tries to acquire the lock for
theresource held by the other thread. This is the same error message
that would appear on standard output. This option should be used for
debugging only since it candegrade performance.