Subject: Penn is forging ahead in gutting the interiors of both buildings and plans to commence exterior demolition as soon as ongoing asbestos removal work is completed.

From: "Goss Mortimer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:25:37 +0300

GPSI Announces Market Attack Into $1 Trillion Market!

Global Payment Solutions
Symbol: GPSI
Price: $0.03

GPSI announced its plans to address the huge influx of immigrant workers
into the US that need banking solutions that they otherwise would not
qualify for. This market is expected to represent over $1 Trillion
dollars to be managed by 2008. GPSI provides viable solutions to this
market. This is hot, read the news and watch for more Monday! Get on
GPSI first thing Monday!

Penn is forging ahead in gutting the interiors of both buildings and
plans to commence exterior demolition as soon as ongoing asbestos
removal work is completed.
You're encouraged to join us in our informal vigil and learn more about
the fight for Convention Hall and the Commercial Museum.
A hearing before Court of Common Pleas Judge Albert W.
A brief excerpt of the letter appears in PW today.
It's not just a matter of history and aesthetics either.
Previously in two June hearings, that board heard from witnesses for
Philadelphia Rittenhouse Investors.
In this, the fourth session of the hearing, opponents of the demolition
will finally present their case.
org, from which we gathered the list, provides the ability to fax your
elected representatives directly from its website. Rob Bender has posted
some great photos of exterior architectural details of Convention Hall.
Additionally, the narrow plain strip of limestone above the frieze has
been removed on both corners on the Blvd side of the building, exposing
bare red brick. According to Hack, the structure of the stands provides
the support for the roof, such that removing them to open up space for
reuse would be non-trivial.
When you rip out groups of buildings wholesale you ruin the overall
historic context of the urban landscape and take away from the soul of
the city. It is not yet known whether the PPA will appeal.
The task force  includes former Planning Commission Chairman Gary Hack
and John Gallery, Executive Director of the Preservation Alliance for
Greater Philadelphia. com, aka HistoricBoydTheatre.
It is time to work miracles.
The latest hearing will give opponents of the demolition their say.
Demolition opponents plan to return to Common Pleas Court.
The Parking Authority has agreed not to begin demolition, pending Judge
Carrafiello's decision.
The task force, chaired by Gary Hack, Dean of UPenn's School of Design,
will be making recommendations to City Council on possible revisions to
Philadelphia's historic district designation process.
See also Natalie Pompilio's article in last Thursday's Inquirer and
previous notes below. Each of the three buildings had previously been
designated significant or contributing, as part of the
Rittenhouse-Fitler Historic District.
Following Monday's task force forum, several of us chatted briefly with
UPenn School of Design Dean Gary Hack. Spread the word and join us
there.
See also Natalie Pompilio's article in last Thursday's Inquirer and
previous notes below.
See also Natalie Pompilio's article in last Thursday's Inquirer and
previous notes below.
It is now crucial to enlist the support of our elected representatives,
asking them to intercede with Penn. It's not just a matter of history
and aesthetics either.
Gray, the father of former Congressman William H. The University City
Historical Society has several postcard images of both Convention Hall
and the Commercial Museum on their website. In recent days the
Philadelphia Parking Authority had PECO dig up the sidewalk in front of
the the former Bair Funeral Home to remove electrical service, as the
prelude to imminent demolition. See more details at SCRUB's website,
UrbanBlight.
Sklaroff recused himself from voting on the demolition. org, the
original site dedicated to bringing back the Boyd, is Stuart Ditzen,
posted on the paper's Philly.
Unfortunately, the elaborate carved limestone friezes that have left
town were highlights of Convention Hall's corners at both ends.
Thanks for standing up to demand respect for Philadelphia's history!
Binderman, and the Preservation Alliance, whose attorney, Robert J.
Besides attending, you can also write a letter to the ZBA or submit your
comments to individual board members via the online ZBA faxbank at www.
Rob Bender has posted some great photos of exterior architectural
details of Convention Hall. With the busy holiday season behind us, we
are counting on many more of you to write now. com - Architecture for
All! It is one of several pending projects that threaten to drastically
alter the character of the neighborhood around the square.
org through which you can write to your elected representatives and urge
them to intervene with Penn to spare Convention Hall and the Commercial
museum from imminent destruction. Court of Common Pleas Judge Albert W.
A daunting array of deconstruction machinery is lined up in a neat row
where the museum building formerly stood, but no crane with wrecking
ball yet.
At last week's hearing, besides the Coalition of Rittenhouse Neighbors,
represented by William N.
Earni Young's Thursday Daily News article offers more details of Judge
Matthew D.
King is also part of Convention Hall's diverse tapestry of history. A
number of Center City residents, including Architect David S.
This process will continue with two additional public forums before the
Task Force brings its suggestions to Philadelphia's City Council. Not
the ideal outcome by any means, but this does improve the odds of the
preliminary injunction being granted, as it mitigates the financial
burden that would be placed on Penn.