Subject: [OPS-AREA] Feedbacks request on draft-galimbe-kunze-g-698-2-snmp-mib-02

From: "Gabriele Maria Galimberti (ggalimbe)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:54:22 +0200

Hi OPSAWG members, 

After having discuss with Chris, we kindly request your feedbacks on the
draft in object.

This draft is focused on Optical Parameters definition and proposes a
SNMP MIB to manage them.

It has been already submitted and discussed in ccamp, good feedbacks
from the content point of view, 

Nevertheless ccamp recommended to ask for comments also from SNMP point
of view.

In the document you can find the references to G.698.2 (the ITU-T
optical parameters recommendation)

And the kunze-g-698-2-management-control-framework that explain in some
way the usage of the MIB (and more).

Thanks a lot for the support.

Best Regards, 

The authors.

Gabriele Galimberti
Technical Leader
Cisco Photonics Srl

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Phone :+39 039 2091462
Mobile :+39 335 7481947
Fax :+39 039 2092049

Via Philips, 12
20900 - Monza (MI)
Italy
www.cisco.com/global/IT/ <http://www.cisco.com/global/IT/> 

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or
disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:21:33 +0200

> way the usage of the MIB (and more).

Well, its a long MIB. You should really not use a module name already
in use and a module registration you do not own. I also strongly
suggest to do an editorial pass over it to achieve a consistent layout
and indentation. Tools tend to extract strings and they pay attention
to indentation and such things. Is Integer32 always the right data
type? Can you have negative power etc? The copyright says 2003 and the
text says it is part of RFC 3591 and the ATOM WG. I think a serious
editorial pass over the document is needed before this should be
reviewed.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>