Subject: [OPSEC] ipv6 ingress filtering...

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:55:46 -0700

I have been following the thread on [email-masked] on the subject of
routing loop attacks using ipv6 tunnels

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/threads.html#10800

and it occurs to me that the corpus of knowledge on ipv6 ingress
filtering may be somewhat incomplete.

There is this document:

http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/ipv6.txt

that is in a format and with authors that look fairly familiar.

there is this document:

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-dupont-ipv6-ingress-filtering/

which appears consigned to history

rfc 2827 and 3704 are the canonical documents in this space, rfc 3178
deals with some limitations of ingress filters being imposed.

threats that become feasible due to the inposition of transition
technologies were not a consideration of the later three documents.

Thoughts are appreciated.

joel