Subject: Re: [OPSEC] Working Group last call for draft-ietf-opsec-ip-security

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 23:04:42 +0100 (MEZ)

At Tue, 01 Dec 2009 23:49:49 -0800, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> This is the working group Last call for draft-ietf-opsec-ip-security.
>
> Please review the current draft:
>
>   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-ip-security-01
>
> Deadline for Comments is 0000 UTC, Wed DEC 16th 2009.
>
> As per the minutes the thinking is that this draft will be aimed at
> informational status but that we will also solicit feedback via an
> ietf-wide last call.
>
> thanks
> joel

Folks,
returning to opsec after a longer disconnect ...

I support this work very much, and I would like to indicate that,
as promised earlier this year, I'm already working on a detailed
independent review -- both technical and editorial -- of the draft.

Four parts of the review (covering a detailed walk-though of sections
1..3 and 5.. of the draft, with a total volume of >2500 lines so far)
already have been shipped to Fernando during the last couple of weeks,
and this material is under ongoing p2p discussion.
Unfortunately, I've been held off in entering the remaining part of
the review (covering Section 4), but that is due now for Sunday on
my schedule as well.  It will be somehow lengthy again, but almost
entirely editorial in nature, nothing fundamental.

Fernando has indicated that he will consider all that stuff as WGLC
comments, and sum up and report on the outcome to the list soon.
I hope that this avoids cluttering the list and will better serve
the WG.

I had missed the short discussion on this list in August, and now
skimming over it, saw some overlap (and similar direction) with my
findings.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+