Subject: Re: [OPSEC] The plan... / adoption of draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-04

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 23:40:16 +0100 (MEZ)

At Sun, 22 Nov 2009 07:13:49 +0530, Glen Kent wrote:

>> ...
>>
>> draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-04 - test for inclusion as a
>>  wg document
>>
>> Document can be reviewed here:
>>
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-04
>>
>
> I firmly believe that we need such a document and fully support this.
>
> Glen

+1

I had reviewed all three of the "more recent" RFCs referred to in
that synoptical draft, and I share the opinion that such synopsis
and evaluation document gives very useful guidance.
I commit to perform a detailed review of the draft -- but this will
certainly take me some time again, perhaps late in January.

I'd also like to draw the group's attention to a short individual
draft originating from DNSEXT and DNSOP,
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ogud-iana-protocol-maintenance-words-02
that aims at establishing schematic keywords (a la RFC 2119) for use
in IANA registry to indicate maintenance/support levels (as seen by the
IETF/IESG) of protocol options, in particular cryptographic algorithms.
One objective is to establish a more lightweight and uniform method
to indicate and maintain implementation requirements.

This efforts is somehow related to the above draft and seems to be
very useful from an operational perspective, and I'd like to encourage
you to review and support this draft; publication already is requested;
Russ Housley is shepherding the document (GEN area, lacking a wg, needs
a couple of drafts to justify its persistence :-) ) and I expect IETF LC
soon.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 18:05:54 -0800

Thanks,

that's an awesome offer of help.

Alfred � wrote:
>   Alfred H�nes.