Subject: [OPSEC] IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Security (draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-01.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:23:12 -0300

Folks,

We have published a revision of our IETF I-D entitled "Security
Assessment of Neighbor Discovery (ND) for IPv6"
(draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-01)  -- which is the first one that
we are "socializing".

The I-D is available at:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-01.txt>.

This document follows the same spirit as RFC6274 (produced by opsec a
couple of years ago) and is meant to improve the resiliency of IPv6
Neighbor Discovery implementations -- this time in a more timely
fashion. ;-)

Any comments will be welcome!

P.S.: There are some comments that we received since version -00, but
have not yet addressed (they are on my TODO list).

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-01.txt
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:50:08 -0800

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Security Assessment of Neighbor Discovery (ND) for IPv6
Creation date:	 2013-01-11
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 62
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-01.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-01

Abstract:
   Neighbor Discovery is one of the core protocols of the IPv6 suite,
   and provides in IPv6 similar functions to those provided in the IPv4
   protocol suite by the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) and the
   Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP).  Its increased flexibility
   implies a somewhat increased complexity, which has resulted in a
   number of bugs and vulnerabilities found in popular implementations.
   This document provides guidance in the implementation of Neighbor
   Discovery, and documents issues that have affected popular
   implementations, in the hopes that the same issues do not repeat in
   other implementations.

The IETF Secretariat