Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:29:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Virtual Private Network (VPN) traffic leakages in dual-stack hosts/ networks
        Author          : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-03-03

Abstract:
   The subtle way in which the IPv6 and IPv4 protocols co-exist in
   typical networks, together with the lack of proper IPv6 support in
   popular Virtual Private Network (VPN) products, may inadvertently
   result in VPN traffic leaks.  That is, traffic meant to be
   transferred over an encrypted and integrity protected VPN connection
   may leak out of such connection and be sent in the clear on the local
   network towards the final destination.  This document discusses some
   scenarios in which such VPN leakages may occur as a result of
   employing IPv6-unaware VPN software.  Additionally, this document
   offers possible mitigations for this issue.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/