Subject: Re: [OPSEC] Reminder: Call for WG adoption of draft-sriram-opsec-urpf-improvements

From: Amir Herzberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 23:11:01 -0400

I support the adoption of "draft-sriram-opsec-urpf-improvements" as an
OPSEC Working Group document.

This is based on my review of the draft and the IETF 101 presentation.

Let me mention that I think the WG should also consider potential use of
RPKI as a complementary mechanism to improve uRPF. Namely, if there is an
ROA for the prefix-origin pair, it should be allowed (even if the
(enhanced/preferred)uRPF check fails. In a future (fantasy?) where RPKI is
widely deployed, this solution may have even been better. I'm aware that
this is, unfortuately, far cry from current situation, hence I definitely
support moving forward with this draft. My comment can be discussed as part
of this or separately (or not at all).

thanks, Amir
-- 
Amir Herzberg
Comcast professor for security innovation
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Connecticut

Publications:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Amir_Herzberg/contributions
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Amir_Herzberg/publications>
Lecture notes in intro to cyber-security:
https://www.researchgate.net/project/Lecture-notes-on-Introduction-to-Cyber-Security