Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-urpf-improvements-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:38:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Enhanced Feasible-Path Unicast Reverse Path Filtering
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Doug Montgomery
                          Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-urpf-improvements-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This document identifies a need for improvement of the unicast
   Reverse Path Filtering techniques (uRPF) (see BCP 84) for detection
   and mitigation of source address spoofing (see BCP 38).  The strict
   uRPF is inflexible about directionality, the loose uRPF is oblivious
   to directionality, and the current feasible-path uRPF attempts to
   strike a balance between the two (see BCP 84).  However, as shown in
   this draft, the existing feasible-path uRPF still has shortcomings.
   This document describes an enhanced feasible-path uRPF technique,
   which aims to be more flexible (in a meaningful way) about
   directionality than the feasible-path uRPF.  It can potentially
   alleviate ISPs' concerns about the possibility of disrupting service
   for their customers, and encourage greater deployment of uRPF
   techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-urpf-improvements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-urpf-improvements-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsec-urpf-improvements-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-urpf-improvements-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Sriram, Kotikalapudi (Fed)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 17:01:53 +0000

This revised version (-03) incorporates editorial comments 
that the authors have received from the document shepherd (Sandy Murphy).
Many thanks to Sandy.

Sriram
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:38:29 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-urpf-improvements-03.txt

Abstract: