Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-v6-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 06:59:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Operational Security Considerations for IPv6 Networks
        Authors         : Eric Vyncke
                          Kiran K. Chittimaneni
                          Merike Kaeo
                          Enno Rey
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-v6-17.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2019-07-05

Abstract:
   Knowledge and experience on how to operate IPv4 securely is
   available: whether it is the Internet or an enterprise internal
   network.  However, IPv6 presents some new security challenges.  RFC
   4942 describes the security issues in the protocol but network
   managers also need a more practical, operations-minded document to
   enumerate advantages and/or disadvantages of certain choices.

   This document analyzes the operational security issues in several
   places of a network (enterprises, service providers and residential
   users) and proposes technical and procedural mitigations techniques.
   Some very specific place of a network such as the Internet of Things
   are not discussed in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-v6/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-v6-17
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsec-v6-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-v6-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/