Subject: SPF Calculation

From: Eldose Paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 19:21:26 -0400

I have a network element running OSPF connected to Foundry BigIron 5000.
Both Foundry and my n/w element tells that the database synchronization is
complete and the neighbors are in FULL state.  When I look in the database,
they LSDB seems to be same.  However, Foundry do not update the routing
table for the loopback addresses the n/w element advertises as a Stub
network in the Rtr LSA.  When I turn on the debug traces in Foundry, I see
the following messages

May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: Adding routing table entry for transit network
10.2.5.128
May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: skipping stub network link 172.16.1.1
May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: Calculating next hop intervening router = ac100101
May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: next hop 172.16.3.249 outgoing interface ethernet 1/1
May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: skipping stub network link 172.16.1.7
May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: skipping stub network link 172.16.8.13
May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: skipping stub network link 10.119.255.254
May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: skipping stub network link 172.16.0.13
May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: skipping stub network link 172.16.4.193
May  5 17:34:32 OSPF: Adding routing table entry for transit network
172.16.3.25

Does anyone have an idea why the Stub network link is skipped from routing
calculation?   Section 16 in RFC 2328 describes two step procedure for the
routing table calculation. First without stub networks and then with Stub
networks.

thanks in advance,
Eldose Paul