Subject: Vendor attributes in TE LSAs

From: Udo Neustadter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:19:28 -0400

Hi all,

I am working on a GMPLS implementation, and part of my problem is the
addition of company specific data to the TE LSAs. The Internet-Draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-udo-ospf-vendatt-00.txt
proposes an interoperable way to solve the following two issues:
  1. Companies that already applied with IANA for an SMI Network
management enterprise code do not need to re-apply for sub-TLV values
from the pool of numbers reserved for private use
  2. Allows private attributes/data to be embedded in the TE router LSA
(the one TE LSA that contains the router address TLV).

I would like for the draft to be considered part of this working group.
This work is an extension to the work done in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-09.txt
and
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-gmpls-extensio
ns-09.txt. 

Thanks in advance for your support.

Udo

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 00:19:01 -0400

Udo,

I don't support this enhancement since it essentially removes any

--
Acee