Subject: OSPF Capabilities Draft

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 01:30:07 -0400

The draft draft-raggarwal-igp-cap-0x.txt has been discussed at the
last three IETFs. At the last two IETFs, there was mild support and
we agreed to take the discussion to the OSPF WG list. In order to remove
one of the barriers to making this draft a WG document, I have split out
the OSPF specific portion into a separate draft. Rahul has done the same
for ISIS.

<Speaking as a WG Member>

I beleive the time has come to accept this as a WG document. The
described mechanism is consistent with other OSPF features and is
backward compatible. All the OSPF options been have been allocated and
new proposal will be able to make use of this mechanism without
solving the option bit problem. One example is
draft-vasseur-mpls-ospf-te-cap-00.txt.

</Speaking as a WG Member>

Link to draft below:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lindem-ospf-cap-00.txt

Further discussion? Any opposition to accepting this draft as a WG
document?

Thanks,
--
Acee