Subject: Type-7 LSAs forwarding Address

From: "Jeyanath Minto J - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:09:20 +0530

Hi all,

exerted from rfc3101  section 2.3
          "
           When a router is forced to pick a forwarding address for a Type-7
           LSA, preference should be given first to the router's internal
           addresses (provided internal addressing is supported).
           "

 This will happen only when NSSA ASBR connected to unnumbered point to point
link to adjacent AS. am i right ?

 And choosing stub network address for forwarding address is to avoid point
to point extra hop. am i right ?

Cheers
Minto

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:40:44 -0400

> Hi all,

Good Morning Minto,

> link to adjacent AS. am i right ?

No - it will happen any time the external route's next hop address is not
part of the NSSA's OSPF topology.

> to point extra hop. am i right ?

If the option 2 is selected from the available options in section 12.4.1.1
of RFC 2328 this is correct. Selecting a stub network will also prevent the
extra hop on broadcast and NBMA networks (since the subnet prefix is always
installed in the route table).

--
Acee