Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:27:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Prioritized Treatment of Specific OSPF Packets and
                          Congestion Avoidance
        Author(s)       : G. Choudhury et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-04.txt
        Pages           : 18
        Date            : 2003-5-19

This document recommends methods that are intended to improve the
scalability and stability of large networks using OSPF (Open Shortest
Path First) protocol.  The methods include processing OSPF Hellos and
LSA (Link State Advertisement) Acknowledgments at a higher priority
compared to other OSPF packets, and other congestion avoidance
procedures. Simulation results in support of some of the
recommendations are given in the appendix sections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Choudhury, Gagan L, ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:53:09 -0500

Hi All,
   This is a revised version based on comments on the list and comments 
from the WG chairs.  Main changes are in Section 2 (Recommendations) and
Appendix C (Other Recommendations).  We would like to thank everybody who
provided comments for significantly improving the quality of the draft.

        Gagan Choudhury 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 7:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-04.txt

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type: