Subject: Area Aggregation

From: Krishna Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:14:35 -0000

Hi,
    Is it valid to configure same address range and mask in
multiple areas.
say one router is connected to area 1, area 2, and backbone area
can i configure Area Aggregation in area 1 and area 2 for
same address range and mask.
if yes then which area address range i should consider while
generating
summary lsa.

regards
Krishna

___________________________________________________
Click below to experience Sooraj R Barjatya's latest offering
'Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon' starring Hrithik, Abhishek
  & Kareena http://www.mpkdh.com

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:39:41 -0400

Hi Krishna,

> same address range and mask.

Since an area is defined as a collection of networks, I don't
think this makes a lot of sense.

> if yes then which area address range i should consider while

This isn't a supported configuration - if it were, you'd need
to consider all the areas with the range.

--
Acee