Subject: Re: Separate Advertisements for every external LSA

From: Igor Miroshnik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:52:03 -0400

In my humble opinion, RFC 1538 seems to restrict just the format of ASE
LSA, not one of the LS Update packet.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:22:19 +0000, Hariprasad Rao <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>Hi,
>  RFC 1583 section A.4.5 mentions that a separate advertisement is made for
>each destination which is external to the AS. But in later versions i.e RFC
>2178 and RFC 2328 this line is left out.
>  Does this mean that we can pack more than one external LSA in a LS update
>packet? What is the reason for having such a restriction in the first
place?
>Would there be a backward compatibility problem if we pack more than one
>external LSA in a LS update packet?
>Thanks and Rgds,
>Hari
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>Polyphonic ringtones. Latest movie trailors.
>http://server1.msn.co.in/sp03/gprs/index.asp On your mobile!

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:19:29 -0400

> LSA, not one of the LS Update packet.

Hi Igor,

That is correct. In the context of OSPF, the term "advertisement" refers
to a link-state advertisement (LSA).

Thanks,
Acee

--
Acee