Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:05:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Prioritized Treatment of Specific OSPF Packets and
                          Congestion Avoidance
        Author(s)       : G. Choudhury
        Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-06.txt
        Pages           : 14
        Date            : 2003-8-19

This document recommends methods that are intended to improve the
scalability and stability of large networks using OSPF (Open Shortest
Path First) protocol.  The methods include processing OSPF Hellos and
LSA (Link State Advertisement) Acknowledgments at a higher priority
compared to other OSPF packets, and other congestion avoidance
procedures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-06.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Choudhury, Gagan L, ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:14:43 -0500

Hi All,
   Besides some editorial changes and rearrangement of texts in places
the main changes compared to the previous version are given below.
Thanks to the Routing Area Directors, OSPF WG Chairs and all others
who commented on previous versions.  With regards,

                Gagan Choudhury
_____________________________________________________________________

                 Summary of Changes

1. Only the editor is left in the front page and info on all 
   Contributing authors is given in Section 7.

2. In Recommendation 1 of Section 2 and Recommendation 2 of Appendix C
   changes are made so that they are now compatible with the use of
   Cryptographic Authentication (AuType = 2).  These changes are also 
   noted in the section on security considerations (Section 3).

3. In Recommendations 2 and 4 the term "AllSPFRouters" is used instead
   of the term "224.0.0.5".

4. Recommendation 4 has been enhanced by using an exponential backoff
   mechanism.

5. In Recommendation 5 no specific value of the parameter "n" is suggested
   but its value is recommended to be configurable.

6. The Simulation Section (old Appendix B) is dropped and instead an 
   informative reference ([Ref12]) is made to the simulation work.

7. A new Appendix B is added that has a list of all variables used in
   the document and their example values if appropriate.

8. In recommendation 2 of Appendix C, reference to RFC 2474 is made.  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 11:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-06.txt

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type: