Subject: RFC 2328 : Appendix E

From: Vivek Dubey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:07:06 -0000

Conflict in description and example ??

RFC 2328:Appendix E
--------------------
(2)
Obtain the network mask from the body of the already existing
AS-external-LSA. Call this mask NM2. There are then two cases:

o   NM2 is longer than NM1. In this case, change the existing
     LSA        (having Link State ID of NA) to reference the new
     network [NA,NM1] by        incrementing the sequence number,
     changing the mask in the body to NM1 and inserting the cost
     of the new network.        Then originate a new LSA for the old
     network [NA,NM2], with Link        State ID equal to NA or'ed
     together with the bits that        are not set in NM2 (i.e.,
     network [NA,NM2]'s broadcast address).

As an example of the algorithm, consider its operation when     the
following sequence of events occurs     in a single router (Router
A).
(1) Router A wants to originate an AS-external-LSA for
     [10.0.0.0,255.255.255.0]:
     (a) A Link State ID of 10.0.0.0    is used.

(2) Router A then wants to originate an AS-external-LSA for
     [10.0.0.0,255.255.0.0]:

     (a) The LSA for    [10.0.0,0,255.255.255.0] is reoriginated
         using a new    Link State ID of 10.0.0.255.

     (b) A Link State ID of 10.0.0.0    is used for
         [10.0.0.0,255.255.0.0].

vivek>>
Point (2) in e.g should be:
      a) Reoriginate existing LSA with
         10.0.0.0 [10.0.0.0, 255.255.0.0], incrementing
         sequence number,changing the mask in the body, and
         inserting the cost of new network.

      b) Originate a new LSA for LsId
         10.0.0.255 [10.0.0.0, 255.255.255.0]

Vivek

___________________________________________________
Download the hottest & happening ringtones here!
OR SMS: Top tone to 7333
Click here now:
http://sms.rediff.com/cgi-bin/ringtone/ringhome.pl

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:17:40 -0400

Hi Vivek,

It might be a bit clearer as you suggest but the outcome
is the same. The description is from the perspective of the
LSAs while the example is from the perspective of
routes which need to be advertised.

--
Acee