Subject: Re: Comment on rekeying in draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-03

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:27:17 -0600

> I believe it is configured dead interval (which can be as small as 2
> seconds using base OSPF or 1 second using some tricks).

Those are the theoritical limits for the dead interval. What are the
practical values ? Default value of the dead interval is 30 seconds
in our implementation.

Anyway, it seems like a good idea to atleast put this into the draft 
as a suggested mechanism so that people can do it if they want. I 
will try to put this into the draft.

Regards
Mukesh

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:35:06 -0500

>practical values ? Default value of the dead interval is 30 seconds
My experience is that most people do leave the defaults (10/40) but some
definitely set
hello//dead intervals lower (although not at the OSPF spec minimum).
However,  I think most people
would tell you they want lower dead intervals and faster convergence.

>will try to put this into the draft.
Great.

Thanks,
Acee