Subject: Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-ospf-2547-dnbit-01.txt to both lists

From: Tom Petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:09:19 -0000

Three thoughts, first two editorial.

1) In the abstract, I would like the text to include LSA Header in the reference
to options, as OSPF has options in other places

2) Throughout, VPN-IP address should be VPN-IPv4 address as in (mostly) the base
VPN documents

3) The dn bit stops OSPF route calculation.  What about other OSPF processing?
I assume that the LSA will be put in the topological database, aged, flooded etc
just as if dn was not set.  In which case, or if not, I would like that
specifically stated.

Tom Petch

---

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:11:28 -0500

> In the abstract, I would like the text to include LSA Header in the reference

No problem.

> Throughout, VPN-IP address should be VPN-IPv4 address as in (mostly) the base
> VPN documents

I  prefer to  leave it  as is,  since there  is nothing  v4-specific  in the
procedures.

> The  dn  bit  stops  OSPF   route  calculation.   What  about  other  OSPF
> processing?   I  assume  that the  LSA  will  be  put in  the  topological
> database, aged, flooded etc just as if  dn was not set.  In which case, or
> if not, I would like that specifically stated.

We will add a  statement saying that LSAs with the DN  bit set still get put
in the topological database, aged, flooded, etc.