Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mirtorabi-ospfv3-af-alt-01.txt

From: Sina Mirtorabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:49:16 -0800

Folks,

A new version of address-family draft is available. The diffs are

o Section 3, Instance ID range has been updated

o Section 8, for IPv4 AF nexthop calculation, an IPv4 address will be
advertised in "link-local address filed" of Link-LSA. Previously this
address was advertised in prefix field with LA-bit set.

o Section 9, adds the support of OSPFv3 over IPv4

o Section 10, VL support has been updated

Thanks
Sina

--------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Support of address families in OSPFv3
        Author(s)       : S. Mirtorabi
        Filename        : draft-mirtorabi-ospfv3-af-alt-01.txt
        Pages           : 6
        Date            : 2004-1-28

This document describes a mechanism for supporting multiple address
families in OSPFv3 using multiple instances. It maps an address family
(AF) to an OSPFv3 instance using the Instance ID field in the OSPFv3
packet header. This approach is fairly simple and minimizes extensions
to OSPFv3 for supporting multiple AF's.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mirtorabi-ospfv3-af-alt-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-mirtorabi-ospfv3-af-alt-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mirtorabi-ospfv3-af-alt-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mirtorabi-ospfv3-af-alt-01.txt

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:55:31 -0500

This draft was presented at the last IETF and we
discussed making it an OSPF WG document. Is
there any further discussion. I'd propose that we
make it a WG document.

Thanks,
Acee