Subject: field length in ospfv3

From: Zhang Shu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:06:36 +0900

Hi there,

Can anyone please tell me what the length of following fields is in
RFC2740? It is difficult to determine them from the packet format in the
RFC and there seems not to be any description of them (I apology if I
missed them).

1. Section A.4.4 Network-LSAs

  "0", Options field (right after the LSA header)

2. Section A.4.5 Inter-Area-Prefix-LSAs

  "0", Metric field (right after the LSA header)

3. Section A.4.6 Inter-Area-Router-LSAs

  "0" ,Options field (right after the LSA header) and the following "0",
Metric field

Thanks in advance!

Zhang Shu

---

From: Lakshmips <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:56:52 +0530

hi,

Section A.2. rfc 2740 describes the option field.
The option field in all the mentioned packets is 24-bits.
The metric field is also 24-bits.
The "0" occupies 8bits.

regards
lakshmi priya
-----Original Message-----
From: Mailing List [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Zhang
Shu
Sent: Thursday, 8 January 2004 10:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: field length in ospfv3

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

Zhang Shu

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL)
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for
what it is intended.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message.
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************

---

From: Zhang Shu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:26:47 +0900

Hi lakshmips,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I got another question: is there any effort in this wg to clarify this
issue or to make rfc2740 more correct? I think this problem can really
confuse devoplepers.

Regards,

Zhang Shu

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:56:52 +0530