Subject: draft-mirtorabi-ospf-tunnel-adjacency-01.txt

From: Sina Mirtorabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:53:35 -0800

Folks,

A new version of TA has been published

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mirtorabi-ospf-tunnel-adjacenc
y-01.txt

There was some concerns regarding the recursive TA, discussed during the
last ietf meeting. We had some discussion with Acee and we decided that
the best way to prevent recursive TA is to allow only backbone to be the
transit area.

This still honor what TA was initially designed for, namely

1) Use Backbone area as high speed path for non-backbone area (
Intra-area / Inter-area preference )
2) Use automatic partition repair for non-backbone area when
summarization is performed
3) Use TA for multiple non-backbone area path and prevent the cost of
adding additional link ( e.g. Hub and Spoke topology)

This change will prevent TA to be used for backbone partition repair
however there is already a solution for this i.e. VL and having a
redundant solution is not required.

Comments are welcome,

Sina