Subject: Re: draft-mirtorabi-ospf-multi-area-adj-00.txt

From: "Pat Murphy - (650)329-4044" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:41:48 -0700

Acee,

MY preference is the following in order of preference:

         3. Add configuration checking to disallow a virtual link in an
             area with a multi-area adjacency shared with the backbone.

         2. Don't bring up the virtual link if the best path is over
             a P2P interface associated with a multi-area adjacency (this
             could be done by flagging the router route during the transit
             area's intra-area SPF).

as 3 seems easier to do. Also 2 might trojan a confusing anomaly for NOCs.

Pat

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:11:09 -0500

Pat, Sina,

Let's go with configuration checking as it seems to be the
favorite. We'll update in the next revision.

Sorry about the delay in responding - I've tied up with a lot
of things lately.