Subject: OSPFv3 Traffic Engineering TLVs and TE Node Address TLV

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:14:36 -0500

We have draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-traffic-01.txt describing
OSPFv3 traffic engineering TLVs. A new TLV, Router Address TLV,
is proposed to carry a single routable IPv6 address.

Additionally, at the last IETF, a new draft was presented,
draft-raggarwa-ospf-te-node-addr-00.txt, which proposes the
advertisement of multiple routable addresses. There seemed to
be agreement that the draft was a logical extension of
RFC 3630 and there was no opposition.

It seems that if we accept the node address draft we should
modify the OSPFv3 traffic engineering draft to add the
requirement for a node address TLV specifying at least one
routable IPv6 address.

------
Acee

---

From: Kunihiro Ishiguro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:31:58 -0800

>requirement for a node address TLV specifying at least one

I think so too.  How do you think guys?
--
Kunihiro Ishiguro

---

From: Rahul Aggarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:33:35 -0800

Hi Acee,

> RFC 3630 and there was no opposition.

Thanks for bringing this up. I have been meaning to poll the list for
moving this draft forward.

> requirement for a node address TLV specifying at least one

The Node Address TLV is intended to carry local addresses, that are not
otherwise advertised in OSPF TE (router ID, TE links, Router IPv6
Address). This can be clarified further in
draft-raggarwa-ospf-te-node-addr-00.txt. Will that suffice ?

Thanks,
rahul