Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mirtorabi-ospf-multi-area-adj-00.txt

From: "Pat Murphy - (650)329-4044" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:57:46 -0700

Sina, Peter, Acee, Anand,

Your draft is a little sketchy (Interface configuration parameters?). I
suppose that is OK. Don't you need to process Hello packets differently
than RFC 2328? Also when I published the draft "OSPF Multiple Area
Links" sometime back, I noticed that Hello packet processing made these
kinds of adjacencies seem incompatible with VLs (also TAs when area 0 is
primary?) on the same ABR over the same area. I would have liked to have
retained the NBMA network type for secondary adjacencies, but this draft
is a big step forward.

Thanks.

Pat

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:21:47 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pat Murphy - (650)329-4044" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 11:57 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mirtorabi-ospf-multi-area-adj-00.txt

> retained the NBMA network type for secondary adjacencies, but this draft

Pat,

This draft is simpler than yours in that there is no relationship between
the secondary adjacencies and the primary adjacency other than they
share same link.

Thanks,
Acee