Subject: Re: MANET Extensions to OSPF

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:54:30 -0400

>    6. Where both IPR and non-IPR encumbered mechanisms are proposed,
>       the WG will analyze the technical merits and will try to prefer
>       unencumbered technology without making technical sacrificies.

I would guess that most of the technical solutions available are going to
be IPR'd by the parties involved. As long as the terms of the IPR's
involved are "liberal," and acceptable by all the members of the WG, then
we should consider the best technical solution first.

:-)

Russ

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:28:21 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ White" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: MANET Extensions to OSPF

> be IPR'd by the parties involved.

There are already a plethora of Manet routing protocols. Perhaps some of
the mechanisms in these can be applied.

> As long as the terms of the IPR's