Subject: How to test

From: SUBSCRIBE OSPF vishnuvardhan B <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:28:14 -0400

I am testing the algorithm as described under appendix E of rfc 2328.

It says that for assigning link-state ID's as an example consider its
operation when the following sequence of events occurs in a single router
(Router A).

    (1) Router A wants to originate an AS-external-LSA for
        [10.0.0.0,255.255.255.0]:

        (a) A Link State ID of 10.0.0.0 is used.

    (2) Router A then wants to originate an AS-external-LSA for
        [10.0.0.0,255.255.0.0]:

        (a) The LSA for [10.0.0,0,255.255.255.0] is reoriginated using a
            new Link State ID of 10.0.0.255.

        (b) A Link State ID of 10.0.0.0 is used for
            [10.0.0.0,255.255.0.0].

    (3) Router A then wants to originate an AS-external-LSA for
        [10.0.0.0,255.0.0.0]:

        (a) The LSA for [10.0.0.0,255.255.0.0] is reoriginated using a
            new Link State ID of 10.0.255.255.

        (b) A Link State ID of 10.0.0.0 is used for
            [10.0.0.0,255.0.0.0].

        (c) The network [10.0.0.0,255.255.255.0] keeps its Link State ID
            of 10.0.0.255.

So can anyone help me for step 2) configuration, how do i make router-A to
originate an AS-external-LSA for [10.0.0.0,255.255.0.0]

Thanks in Advance
vishnu