Subject: Configuring OSPF or RIP on negotiated IP address?

From: "Zebaida, Dror (Dror)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:06:26 +0300

Hi all,

I am trying to find out whether you can configure routing protocols such as OSPF or RIP on interfaces which are dynamically negotiated with the command:
!ip address negotiated

I was looking on the Cisco site and did not find any such configurations.

Thnaks
Dror

---

From: Farshad Tavallaei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:21:32 -0700

Dror,

I am not sure if this is the best place to ask vendor specific commands
when you can open a ticket or simply email cisco to help you out on
their available commands in whatever version of the ios you are using.

But to leave you with a little information that I found after doing a
little RTFM, I found out that the command "ip address negotiated" is
used on either cable modem or on async interfaces. Here is an example of
cisco config with rip 2:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk86/tk89/technologies_configuration_exa
mple09186a0080094544.shtml

You can also read their release notes for more information.

Best of luck to you,

Sean Andersen

-----Original Message-----
From: Mailing List [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Zebaida, Dror (Dror)
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Configuring OSPF or RIP on negotiated IP address?

Hi all,

I am trying to find out whether you can configure routing protocols such
as OSPF or RIP on interfaces which are dynamically negotiated with the
command:
!ip address negotiated

I was looking on the Cisco site and did not find any such
configurations.

Thnaks
Dror

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:26:05 -0400

As Sean pointed out, this isn't the correct list for
vendor specific questions.

Thanks,
Acee
----- Original Message -----
From: "Zebaida, Dror (Dror)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 4:06 AM
Subject: Configuring OSPF or RIP on negotiated IP address?

Hi all,

I am trying to find out whether you can configure routing protocols such as OSPF or RIP on interfaces which are dynamically
negotiated with the command:
!ip address negotiated

Thnaks
Dror