Subject: What will happen in this kind of topology with 100 nbrs and 2000 ASEs ??

From: "Mollin, Arvind - LiqwidKrystal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:42:12 -0700

Hi,

  I have two routers connected back to back through a gig link. I have
configured 100 VLANs in that single gig link, now each vlan act as
virtual interface. I have configured 100 neighbors on each router using
these 100 virtual interfaces. All the neighbors are in backbone. See the
figure below,

( 100 nbrs )R1 -------------100 vlans ------------------ R2 ( 100 nbrs )

After sometime I could see all nbrs flapping often. What could be the
reason for this ??

Is this topology right?, Has anybody tested with this kind of setup ??

Thanks

Arvind

---

From: sujay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:31:22 +0530

Verify if the router id of any of the peers are by mistake matching !!!
else;
could you provide some LSA database info & the config of each router!

~Sujay

-----Original Message-----
From: Mailing List [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mollin, Arvind - LiqwidKrystal
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 10:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: What will happen in this kind of topology with 100 nbrs and
2000 ASEs ??

Hi,

Thanks

Arvind

---

From: Nitin Kakkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:33:23 +0530

Most probable reason seems to be that Hello's doesn't come on time and
adjacencies are dropped. Some time later hellos come and adjacencies are
reestablished. May be you can increase your adjacency dead timer and try
again.
HTH
Nitin
  -----Original Message-----
From: Mailing List [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Mollin,
Arvind - LiqwidKrystal
Sent: 2004Ae10OA25EO 10:12
To: [email-masked]
Subject: What will happen in this kind of topology with 100 nbrs and 2000
ASEs ??

Hi,

  I have two routers connected back to back through a gig link. I have
configured 100 VLANs in that single gig link, now each vlan act as virtual
interface. I have configured 100 neighbors on each router using these 100
virtual interfaces. All the neighbors are in backbone. See the figure below,

After sometime I could see all nbrs flapping often. What could be the reason
for this ??

Thanks

Arvind

---

From: Sean Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:04:36 -0400

Mollin,

I agree with every answer sent so far. But here is one more thing to look at: Have you checked the GIG link to see if it is flapping? I know of some vendors (will not name names here) that still have some issues/compatibiliy on the Gig links and flap up and down constantly.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From:     Mollin, Arvind - LiqwidKrystal <[email-masked]>
Sent:     Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:42:12 -0700
To:       [email-masked]
Subject:  What will happen in this kind of topology with 100 nbrs and 2000 ASEs ??

Hi,

Thanks

Arvind

Hi,

I have two routers connected back to back through a gig
link. I have configured 100 VLANs in that single gig link, now each vlan act as
virtual interface. I have configured 100 neighbors on each router using these
100 virtual interfaces. All the neighbors are in backbone. See the figure
below,

( 100 nbrs )R1 -------------100 vlans ------------------ R2
( 100 nbrs )

After sometime I could see all nbrs flapping often. What
could be the reason for this ??

Is this topology right?, Has anybody tested with this kind
of setup ??

Thanks

Arvind