Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:11:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Authentication/Confidentiality for OSPFv3
        Author(s)       : M. Gupta, N. Melam
        Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-05.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 2004-10-22

This document describes means/mechanisms to provide
authentication/confidentiality to OSPFv3 using IPv6 AH/ESP Extension
Header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Mukesh Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:01:30 -0500

Hi All,

We have addressed the following things in this revision:

- Changed rule 3 & 5 to add OSPF with AH/ESP.
- Rules for interfaces and virtual links were separated to remove iface column
- Made AES-CBC & HMAC SHA1 a MUST and other non-stream ciphers a SHOULD.
- Use of stream ciphers with manual keys is now prevented
- Made changing keys a "SHOULD" from "MAY". 
- Mentioning that the SAs are per-link (as defined in OSPFv3 RFC). Therefore, all the OSPF instances have to use same SA.
- Referring to New version of IPsec drafts or old versions of IPsec RFCs now
- Some paragraphs were rephrased for clarity
- ADDed OSPFv2 in References
- Moved to the newer boilerplate

This draft does NOT address all the comments that we received
from IESG and on the list. 

We will be submitting another revision to address the remaining
changes.

Please review this version and see if we got things right.

Regards
Mukesh & Suresh

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of ext
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 1:12 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-05.txt
> 
> 
> You can also visit 
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce