Subject: Re: What will happen in this kind of topology with 100 nbrs and 2000 ASEs ??

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:40:19 -0700

Hi Arvind,

Instead of increasing the "Router Dead Interval", you could instead use
techniques as given in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-08.txt

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Mailing List [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Nitin
Kakkar
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 10:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: What will happen in this kind of topology with 100 nbrs and
2000 ASEs ??

Most probable reason seems to be that Hello's doesn't come on time and
adjacencies are dropped. Some time later hellos come and adjacencies are
reestablished. May be you can increase your adjacency dead timer and try
again.
HTH
Nitin
  -----Original Message-----
From: Mailing List [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Mollin,
Arvind - LiqwidKrystal
Sent: 2004Ae10OA25EO 10:12
To: [email-masked]
Subject: What will happen in this kind of topology with 100 nbrs and
2000
ASEs ??

Hi,

  I have two routers connected back to back through a gig link. I have
configured 100 VLANs in that single gig link, now each vlan act as
virtual
interface. I have configured 100 neighbors on each router using these
100
virtual interfaces. All the neighbors are in backbone. See the figure
below,

( 100 nbrs )R1 -------------100 vlans ------------------ R2 ( 100 nbrs )

After sometime I could see all nbrs flapping often. What could be the
reason
for this ??

Is this topology right?, Has anybody tested with this kind of setup ??

Thanks

Arvind

---

From: Dave Katz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:22:10 -0600

This kind of behavior is related to the quality of the implementation.
Some implementations can handle 100 neighbors with aplomb.  There's no
reason this shouldn't be stable, particularly with the large default
timer values.

But my rants on this subject are well known...