Subject: NSSA Test Case

From: Mike Cleary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:59:46 -0500

Hello,
I am trying to set up a test case where two routers advertise static 
routes to the same network 3.3.3.0/24 with the same forwarding address. 
 I need one of the routers to be running in the backbone on network 
10.10.10.0/24 and both of the routers to be running in area 1 (nssa) on 
network 10.10.11.0/24.  I tried giving the routers a forwarding address 
of 10.10.10.141 however one of them does not use this as the forwarding 
address since it is not running on network 10.10.10.0/24.  I also tried 
advertising a forwarding address of 10.10.11.141 since they will both be 
able to advertize this.  However the problem is that I have a third 
router also running on network 1 and it installs the route through 
10.10.11.141 instead of chosing one of the two routers.  Does anyone 
know of a way to force the third router to chose one of the two others 
to install the route through?  I have attached a diagram that might be 
helpful.
Thanks,
~Mike

-- 
*********************************************
Michael Cleary     Email: [email-masked]
IPv4 Consortium      UNH InterOperability Lab
121 Technology Dr., Suite 2, Durham, NH 03824
Phone: 603-862-3941    http://www.iol.unh.edu
*********************************************