Subject: Sending a Type-7 LSA with forwarding address set to 0.0.0.0

From: Mike Cleary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:01:13 -0500

Hello,
I am having a bit of trouble trying to configure a router to send a type
7 lsa with the forwarding address set to 0.0.0.0.  I was wondering if
anyone could help me with the configuration of this on a
cisco(cisco-like) router.

The following quote is taken from section 3.2 of RFC 3101 and it leads
me to believe that this can be done.

      (1) If the Type-7 LSA has the P-bit clear, or its forwarding
          address is set to 0.0.0.0, or the most specific Type-7 address
          range that subsumes the LSA's network has DoNotAdvertise
          status, then do nothing with this Type-7 LSA and consider the
          next one in the list.  Otherwise term the LSA as translatable
          and proceed with step (2).

The current configuration steps I take are to enable the router on
network 10.10.11.0/24 in area 1 (nssa), give the router a static route
3.3.3.0/24 0.0.0.0, redistribute static on the router.  When I issue the
static route command it sometimes will allow the command sometimes it
rejects it, either way I cannot get the router to redistribute the
static route with the forwarding address set to 0.0.0.0.  Any Suggestions?
Thanks,
~Mike

--
*********************************************
Michael Cleary     Email: [email-masked]
IPv4 Consortium      UNH InterOperability Lab
121 Technology Dr., Suite 2, Durham, NH 03824
Phone: 603-862-3941    http://www.iol.unh.edu
*********************************************