Subject: draft-ietf-ospf-cap-04.txt

From: Vivek Dubey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 07:18:20 -0000

Hi,
Section 2.3:
draft>TLV flooding scope rules will be specified on a per-TLV basis  
draft>If a type 11 opaque LSA is chosen, the originating router should 
      also advertise type 10 LSA(s) into any attached NSSA/stub area

vivek) If scope of TLV is defined to be AS (Type 11), why should, the 
       originating router advertise type 10 LSA(s) into any 
       attached NSSA/stub area ? Idea seems to get the capabilities
       advertised to NSSA/STUB neighbors of originating router. But 
       what about NSSA/STUB areas attached not to "originating" 
       routers?? 

draft>An OSPF router MAY advertise different capabilities when both 
      NSSA/stub area type 10 LSA(s) and an AS scoped type 11 opaque 
      LSA is advertised.
vivek> Capabilities here should map to different TLV's ??

Thanks
Vivek

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:54:28 +0100

Vivek,

>       what about NSSA/STUB areas attached not to "originating"

an analogy is when you have an ABR connected to backbone area and NSSA
area and you redistribute routes from some external source. ABR will
generate Type-5 external LSA, plus it can be configured to advertise
Type-7 LSA to the NSSA area for the same prefix.
If you have another ASBR somewhere in backbone area, Type-5 LSAs it
generates will not get propagated to NSSA area.

> vivek> Capabilities here should map to different TLV's ??

I guess it can be different TLVs or different content in the same TLV.

Peter

>
> Thanks
> Vivek
>
>
>
> <http://clients.rediff.com/signature/track_sig.asp>