Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ospf-multi-area-adj-03.txt

From: SUBSCRIBE OSPF vishnuvardhan B <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:55:42 -0500

Hello ,
Still the issue of interdependency between primary and secondary is not
clear to me. so i am giving an example to explain the configuration:

I have made the link with ip 10.1.1.1 in backbone(primary adjacency comes
up) with the command
>>>>network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 0

Now i am making the same link to be part of area 1(secondary adjacency
comes up) with another command.

Now i am removing the link from the backbone by issuing the command
>>>>no network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 0

Now whether the link should still be considered in area 1(i.e secondary
adjacency should still exist)?

Thanks in Advance,
Vishnu

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:47:21 -0500

Hi Vishnu,

SUBSCRIBE OSPF vishnuvardhan B wrote:

>clear to me. 
There is none.

>so i am giving an example to explain the configuration:
>  
>

>adjacency should still exist)?
The secondary ajacenci(es) would need to be configured separately and 
independent of the primary
interface.