Subject: status of RFC 2154

From: Deepak Dandekar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:33:16 +0530

Hello,
I tried searching for this RFC on the OSPF charter, but didn't find
any information.
Is there any vendor who has implemented this RFC? Is there any need to
implement this RFC??

Appreciate your help.

thanks,
deepak.

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:14:46 -0400

Hi Deepak,

>I tried searching for this RFC on the OSPF charter, but didn't find
It is an experimental RFC that went through a different process than 
standards track
WG documents. Another example would be RFC 2676.

>Is there any vendor who has implemented this RFC? 
>
I don't know of any commercial implementations. However, I haven't
looked too hard either.

>Is there any need to
I wouldn't think so. However, I'm somewhat biased since I don't really
think this is a good idea. I certainly don't want to quell any innovation.

Hope this helps,
Acee