Subject: ospfv3 mib / traps

From: Rohit Dube <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:04:03 -0800

Folks,

I recently noticed draft-kakkar-ospf-ospfv3-trap-mib-00.txt (individual
submission). Given that we already have ongoing ospfv3 mib as an approved wg
item in draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-mib-10.txt, I suggest that we have a single
ospv3 mib draft that incorporated all the OSPFv3 mib data that we want to
manage/maintain. I don't see any merit to having two seperate drafts for
this purpose. I would encourage the author of
draft-kakkar-ospf-ospfv3-trap-mib-00.txt to contact the ospfv3 mib authors
to explicitly discuss ospfv3 trap data.

Regards,
--rohit.

---

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:15:41 -0800

Hi Rohit,

I agree we need to have a single MIB and that the Trap MIB needs to be
incorporated into the ospfv3 MIB itself (unlike OSPFv2 where we have two
different MIB's). 

Thanks,

Vishwas

________________________________

From: Rohit Dube [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:34 AM
To: Mailing List
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Vishwas Manral
Subject: ospfv3 mib / traps

Folks, 

I recently noticed draft-kakkar-ospf-ospfv3-trap-mib-00.txt (individual
submission). Given that we already have ongoing ospfv3 mib as an
approved wg item in draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-mib-10.txt, I suggest that we
have a single ospv3 mib draft that incorporated all the OSPFv3 mib data
that we want to manage/maintain. I don't see any merit to having two
seperate drafts for this purpose. I would encourage the author of
draft-kakkar-ospf-ospfv3-trap-mib-00.txt to contact the ospfv3 mib
authors to explicitly discuss ospfv3 trap data.

Regards,
--rohit