Subject: Re: Question about OSPF graceful restart

From: Ramesh Kandula <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:48:56 -0500

Don,

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. 

However, I am looking at a scenario where the router is originating 
multiple grace-lsas with different reasons over the same interface. Is 
this allowed?

The setup consists of two routers on an Etherent segment. OSPF is enabled 
on both of them. After a full adjacency is established, one of the routers 
control plane is restarted gracefully. I observed that the restarting 
router is sending two grace-lsas with different restart reasons (Software 
Upgrace/Reload and Software Restart). I confirmed this both on restarting 
router as well as the helper router.

ramesh

---

From: Don Goodspeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:52:18 -0800

If the sequence # is different, then this would be completely
acceptible.  The helper should update the restart reason in this
case based upon the new data.  -don

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ramesh Kandula
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Question about OSPF graceful restart

Don,

ramesh