Subject: Re: Question about OSPF graceful restart

From: Ramesh Kandula <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:58:29 -0500

Don,

That is exactly what I thought. However, the sequence number is not 
incremented.

So sometimes the helper router thinks it has a more recent version of 
grace-lsa (since sequence numbers are same, it boils to down checksum) 
when it receives a grace-lsa with a different reason and keeps on sending 
lsa updates to the restarting router. 

ramesh

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:37:38 -0500

>lsa updates to the restarting router. 
Ramesh,

The restarting router shouldn't multiple grace-LSAs with the same 
sequence number and different
contents. If it restarts multiple times and encouters a stale grace LSA, 
it should increment the
sequence number and re-orginate its most recent version.

Thanks,
Acee