Subject: Ospfv2 MIB

From: Vivek Dubey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:54:53 -0000

ospfHostCfgAreaID OBJECT-TYPE 
         SYNTAX       AreaID 
         MAX-ACCESS   read-create 
         STATUS       current 
         DESCRIPTION 
            "Allows the configuration of the Area the Host Entry is 
             to be found within." 

<Vivek> Does that mean, this configuration results in the creation of "Ospf Area Entry" if one does not exist.  
If so, why such a behaviour?

Thanks
Vivek

---

From: Santosh Esale <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:26:06 +0530

Hi All,

        Want to know the solutions for below problem:

Consider the below topology from RFC 3906 and all ospf link cost as 10 and
two TE-tunnels T1: (RTA-RTD) and T2: (RTA to RTE via rtrC)

     rtrA -- rtrB -- rtrC

               |       |

              rtrD -- rtrE

 In OSPF, after calcualting SPT till rtrB, suppose we choose rtrD from
candidate list to put into SPT, we first modify rtrD routers nexthop to T1
with cost 1 which is a fixed cost assigned to all TE-Tunnel by MPLS in my
algorthim.Then we choose rtrE(cost 11, compare to rtrC with cost 20) from
candidate list and modify the nexthop to T2 with cost of 1.

Now, to reach rtrC, the cost from rtrE to rtrC is 11 because of TE-tunnel
T2, while from rtrB is 20, hence we modify rtrC's nexthop to TE tunnel T2.

This is wrong as all traffic going to rtrC, will go to rtrE via tunnel T2
(via rtrC), then routed back to rtrC.

i though of checking with the help of mpls, while modifying nexthop of rtrC
to tunnel T2, whether any of RTC's address is present in nexthop list of  TE
Tunnel T2, basically avoiding a loop, but in some cases mpls will not have
nexthop list(no RROs), hence stuck ?

so can anyone think of any other solutions ?

Regards

Santosh

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:46:50 -0500

>If so, why such a behaviour?
Hi Vivek,
My interpretation is that this should not create an area if the 
specified area doesn't exist.
It is analogous to ospfIfAreaId for interfaces. I think trying to specify
all the validation for read-create objects is a slippery slope.

Thanks,
Acee