Subject: Detecting router id change in p2p-over-lan connection

From: Sunil Patro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:24:59 -0500

Hi everyone,

According to section 4.5 in draft draft-ietf-isis-igp-p2p-over-lan-05.txt
,

   "If the circuit is configured as point-to-point type and receives
   LAN hello packets, the router MUST discard the incoming packets; If
   the circuit is a LAN type and receive point-to-point hello packets,
   it MUST discard the incoming packets. If the system ID or the
   router ID of incoming hello packet does not match the system ID or
   the router ID of already established adjacency over this p2p-over-lan
   circuit, it MUST discard the packet. The implementation should offer
   logging and debugging information of the above events.",

My question is how does one detect a router-id change in this scenario th
en?

thanks,
Sunil

---

From: Erblichs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:41:16 -0800

Sunil,

	The doc that you refer to is a IS-IS RFC draft and
	you sent the question to a OSPF mail alias?

	Mitchell Erblich
	--------------------

Sunil Patro wrote:
> 
> Hi everyone,
> 
> According to section 4.5 in draft draft-ietf-isis-igp-p2p-over-lan-05.txt,
> 
> My question is how does one detect a router-id change in this scenario then?
> 
> thanks,
> Sunil