Subject: [OSPF] Re:Generating type5 LSA in ospfv3

From: "badvel vishnu reddy" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Apr 2006 01:06:21 -0000

Hi All,
In OSPFV3 since the link state ID's of an external LSA's can be anything if i use the address prefix with an algorithm that generates the number, there is always a possibility that there exists the same network but with different prefix length, so in this regard OSPV2 escapes by using  rfc 2328 sec E. An algorithm for assigning Link State IDs.
In the context of OSPFV3 what should be done since RFC 2740 doesn't specify anything.
Regards,
Vishnu

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:30:35 -0400

>In the context of OSPFV3 what should be done since RFC 2740 doesn't specify anything.
Nothing - Refer to section 2.2 in RFC 2740. In OSPFv3, the Link State ID 
has no
addressing semantics. For inter-area prefix LSAs, inter-area-router-LSAs,
external LSAs, and NSSA LSAs, the Link State ID is simply a number which
must be unique for LSAs of the same type originated within the same
flooding scope by the same advertising router.

Hope this helps,
Acee

>Regards,
>Vishnu
>  
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>