Subject: [OSPF] Question about "Link" TLV in RFC3630

From: Gaël Monfort <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:41:38 +0100

In OSPF-TE specification (RFC 3630), section 2.4.2. states that "Only 
one Link TLV shall be carried in each LSA, allowing for fine granularity 
changes in topology.".

I was wondering why including more than one Link TLV per LSA is 
prohibited. This could reduce the flooding cost.

Thank you,
Gael

____________________________________________________________________________
Gaël Monfort                                Tel :   +32 4 366 26 10
Université de Liège                         Secr :  +32 4 366 26 91
Réseaux Informatiques                       Fax :   +32 4 366 29 89
Research Unit in Networking (RUN)           [email-masked]
Département d'électricité, électronique et informatique (Institut 
Montéfiore)
BAT. B28 Réseaux informatiques
Grande Traverse 10, B-4000 LIEGE 1, BELGIUM

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:53:36 -0500

Hi Gael,

On Feb 14, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Gaël Monfort wrote:

>
> In OSPF-TE specification (RFC 3630), section 2.4.2. states that  
> "Only one Link TLV shall be carried in each LSA, allowing for fine  
> granularity changes in topology.".
>

Or, it could increase it if you've bundled links together and the TE  
reservations on them do not coincide. This was a design choice and  
one that was considered during the evolution of the OSPF TE draft.

Thanks,
Acee