Subject: [OSPF] Handling of AS-external-LSAs Forwarding Address in OSPFv3 protocol

From: siofedm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 18:33:20 +0530

Hi,

      RFC 2740 doesn't describe the handling of AS External LSAs forwarding
Address well. I have few doubts regarding the implementation

1)       Should the forwarding address be link local address or IPv6 global
address?

2)       If  the forwarding address should be  IPv6 Global address

a.       Is it configurable or should it be calculated

                                                                 i.      If
Configurable ,Should we check whether the prefix is active in ospfv3 domain

                                                               ii.      If
it needs to be calculated, how is it done?

-Siofed

Siofed 

K Molvysh

Huawei Technologies

[email-masked]

 ------------------------------------

 The Leela Palace , Airport Road,

 Bangalore - 560008, INDIA.

 * 91-080-41781770 Extn. 1480

 Mobile No : 9945069197 
----------------------------------

****************************************************************************
***********

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf