Subject: [OSPF] OSPFv3 Network-LSA Options

From: KASHIMA Hiroaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:36:40 +0900

in draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-update-16.txt: 3.4.3.3
top of page 32

>    o  The Options field in the network-LSA is set to the logical OR of
>       the Options fields contained within the link's associated link-
>       LSAs.  In this way, the network link exhibits a capability when at
>       least one of the link's routers requests that the capability be
>       advertised.

Is it unnecessary to check whether the adv-router is alive?
--
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:54:52 -0400

Hi Hiroaki,

> Is it unnecessary to check whether the adv-router is alive?

At this point we are traversing our list of fully adjacent neighbors  
which implies that the router originating the network-LSA believes  
the router being examined to be alive.

3.4.3.3.  Network-LSAs

    The LS type of a network-LSA is set to the value 0x2002.  Network-
    LSAs have area flooding scope.  A network-LSA is originated for  
every
    broadcast or NBMA link with an elected Designated Router that is
    fully adjacent with at least one other router on the link.  The
    network-LSA is originated by the link's Designated Router and lists
    all routers on the link with whom it is fully adjacent.

Thanks,
Acee

---

From: KASHIMA Hiroaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:20:30 +0900

Hi Acee,

> the router being examined to be alive.

I understand it is yes when I walking neighbor database
to write neighbor list on Network-LSA.
However your point is when I walk NEIGHBOR database
to build neighbor list of the Network-LSA.

The same check is also necessary when I walk link LS database 
to build Options field, isn't it?

Thank you.
Hiroaki KASHIMA.

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:22:50 -0400

Hi Hiroaki,

> to build Options field, isn't it?

Yes - only the options for full neighbors will be logically OR'ed  
into the network-LSA options.

Thanks,
Acee