Subject: [OSPF]Path prefrence for External LSA

From: Abhishek Bhalotia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 01:25:07 +0530

Hi All,

I have a doubt related to Path preference rule when there are LSA with
different FA.

In RFC 3101 (NSSA option), section 2.5.6 (e) for calculating External LSA
states;

            (e) If the current LSA is functionally the same as an
                          installed LSA (i.e., same destination, cost and
non-zero
                       forwarding address) then apply the following
priorities in
                        deciding which LSA is preferred:
                         1. A Type-7 LSA with the P-bit set.
                         2. A Type-5 LSA.
                         3. The LSA with the higher router ID.
                      [NSSA]
 
My doubt is:
If the both LSAs have zero FA or different FA then should the above
preference rule be skipped 
and both LSAs be considered for SPF?

Thanks and Regards

Abhishek 

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: "Nitin Kakkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:01:59 -0700

I don't think LSA's are considered Functionally equivalent with
different or zero forwarding address. So need to consider both LSA's in
route calc. 

Nitin

________________________________

From: Abhishek Bhalotia [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OSPF]Path prefrence for External LSA

Hi All,

In RFC 3101 (NSSA option), section 2.5.6 (e) for calculating External
LSA states;

                          installed LSA (i.e., same destination, cost
and non-zero
 
My doubt is:

Thanks and Regards

Abhishek 

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:21:41 -0400

On Jul 18, 2007, at 4:01 PM, Nitin Kakkar wrote:

> I don’t think LSA’s are considered Functionally equivalent with  
> different or zero forwarding address. So need to consider both  
> LSA’s in  route calc.

Correct.
Thanks,
Acee

> I have a doubt related to Path preference rule when there are LSA  
> with different FA.
>
> In RFC 3101 (NSSA option), section 2.5.6 (e) for calculating  
> External LSA states;
>
>                           installed LSA (i.e., same destination,  
> cost and non-zero
> HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose  
> address is listed above. Any use of the information contained  
> herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial  
> disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than  
> the intended recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail  
> in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately  
> and delete it!
>
>
>