Subject: Re: [OSPF] next hop determination

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:19:39 EDT

In einer eMail vom 24.10.2007 17:36:28 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

Take a  look at the algorithm in the RFC.  

Basically, as the SPT is calculated, the first hop from the root  determines 
the next hop(s) for everything deeper in the tree, and the identity  of the 
next hop(s) is carried along as the algorithm goes deeper into the  tree.  
There's no need to walk the tree after it's calculated (in fact,  most 
implementations don't even bother storing the tree as it's  calculated.)

--Dave

Exactly. That's what I would have suggested otherwise.
 
Thanks Dave anyway
 
Heiner

On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:55 AM, [email-masked] 
(mailto:[email-masked])  wrote:

It may sound like a newbie question and therefore I would be grateful  if 
someone will help with clarification:
 
How is the next hop wrt to destination node d inside an OSPF-network  
determined?
 
Assumption: At first the current (=root) node computes the Dijkstra SPT  and 
then navigates from each network node, e.g. from node d, towards the  root of 
the SPT as to determine the respective root adjacent link.
 
Can anyone confirm/correct  me?

=

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf