Subject: [OSPF] Doubt regarding Next hops

From: rameshbabuy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:52:17 +0530

Hi OSPF Group,

Kindly explain why can't we load balance next hops across area in case of
equi-cost paths?

    16.8.  Equal-cost multipath

        The OSPF protocol maintains multiple equal-cost routes to all

        destinations.  This can be seen in the steps used above to

        calculate the routing table, and in the definition of the

        routing table structure.

        Each one of the multiple routes will be of the same type

        (intra-area, inter-area, type 1 external or type 2 external),

        cost, and will have the same associated area.  However, each

        route may specify a separate next hop and Advertising router.

Regards,

Ramesh

****************************************************************************
***********

            This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information
from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address
is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!