Subject: [OSPF] Protocol Action: 'Management Information Base for OSPFv3' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:27:30 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Management Information Base for OSPFv3 '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-mib-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-mib-15.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) 
   for use with network management protocols in IPv6-based internets. 
   In particular, it defines objects for managing the Open Shortest Path 
   First (OSPF) Routing Protocol for IPv6, otherwise known as OSPF 
   version 3 (OSPFv3). 

Working Group Summary

   No dissent reported (see updated PROTO writeup by Acee Lindem). 
   This document has been on the WG charter since 2002. Comments have
   been requested several times and changes have been covered in
   slides at WG meetings.  There has been ample time for review and,
   to the best of my knowledge, there is no dissent to its adoption.  

Document Quality

   The management information base for the OSPFv3 described in 
   this document is very similar in structure to the OSPFv2 MIB as 
   described in RFC 4750. There are some differences in the MIB due to 
   differences in the protocol and the fact that we were not tied to
   compatibility with an earlier RFC (RFC 1850 for the OSPFv2 MIB). 
   Various revisions of the OSPFv3 MIB draft have been implemented as
   vendor specific MIBs by multiple vendors.  

   The document has been updated in response to MIB doctor review
   by Joan Cucchiara and in response to Sec directorate review by 
   Juergen Schoenwaelder). 

Personnel

   Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ross Callon
   is the Responsible Area Director.  

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)