Subject: [OSPF] RFC 5642 on Dynamic Hostname Exchange Mechanism for OSPF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:55:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5642

        Title:      Dynamic Hostname Exchange Mechanism for 
                    OSPF 
        Author:     S. Venkata, S. Harwani,
                    C. Pignataro, D. McPherson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 19227
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-dynamic-hostname-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5642.txt

This document defines a new OSPF Router Information (RI) TLV that
allows OSPF routers to flood their hostname-to-Router-ID mapping
information across an OSPF network to provide a simple and dynamic
mechanism for routers running OSPF to learn about symbolic hostnames,
just like for routers running IS-IS.  This mechanism is applicable to
both OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute