Subject: [OSPF] RFC 5613 on OSPF Link-Local Signaling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:13:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5613

        Title:      OSPF Link-Local Signaling 
        Author:     A. Zinin, A. Roy,
                    L. Nguyen, B. Friedman,
                    D. Yeung
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23092
        Obsoletes:  RFC4813

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-lls-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5613.txt

OSPF is a link-state intra-domain routing protocol.  OSPF routers
exchange information on a link using packets that follow a
well-defined fixed format.  The format is not flexible enough to
enable new features that need to exchange arbitrary data.  This
document describes a backward-compatible technique to perform
link-local signaling, i.e., exchange arbitrary data on a link.  This
document replaces the experimental specification published in RFC 4813
to bring it on the Standards Track.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute