Subject: [OSPF] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-03.txt

From: Shishio Tsuchiya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 17:26:21 +0900

Hi
I did presentation about our draft on IETF79.
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/slides/ospf-2.pptx

I received comments from Acee and Abhay.
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/minutes/ospf.txt

After that I had modified the draft a little bit.
changed point are 
-Intended to
Change Standard from Infomation.
-Updates: 3137 (if approved) 
-References
Because I had misunderstanding difference of Normative and Informative.
-Acknowledgements and misc(spell)

I think RFC3137 method sould be Standard.
-RFC3137 was published in 2001,and some vendors has been supported for 8 or 9 years. 
-A lot of customers are using in their commercial network. 
-There is some RFCs are refering RFC3137. such as RFC5443,RFC5286.RFC4970,RFC4915,RFC3277
-RFC3137 is stable and well-known.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2026#section-4.1.1

I'd appreciate any comments.

Regards,
-Shishio

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-03.txt
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 23:00:01 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPFv3 Stub Router Advertisement
	Author(s)       : S. Tsuchiya, et al.
	Filename        : draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-01-04

OSPFv3 accommodates for the possibility to indicate through the R-bit
if a router is an active router and should be taken into
consideration as a transit device.  Another method available is the
v6-bit indicating if a router or link should be excluded from IPv6
routing calculations.

A direct result is that OSPFv3 has "no transit capability"
potentially based upon the setting of R-bit and V6-bit, unlike the
stub OSPFv2 router functionality.  This feature proposal has as
purpose to re-introduce existing OSPFv2 stub router behavior into
OSPFv3 to keep the operational service provider experience used to
deploy, troubleshoot and be familiar with OSPFv2 stub routing.

OSPFv3 has similar metric field information field of all of LSAs,
with exception of the Link-LSA, so RFC3137 method can be re-utilized
in OSPFv3.

To drive consistency between OSPFv2 and OSPFv3, there should be next
to supporting both R-bit and v6-bit be support for"max-metric".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.