Subject: [OSPF] Updates to ASON Routing for OSPFv2 Protocols (RFC 5787bis) will Update RFC 5786

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:14:20 -0500

Please note that this document relaxes the RFC 5786  restriction that a Node Attribute TLV may only appear in a single OSPF TE LSA. Here is the text: 

   In order to support ASON reachability advertisement, the Node
   Attribute TLV defined in [RFC5786] is used to advertise the
   combination of a TE Router ID and its set of associated reachable
   address prefixes. The Node Attribute TLV can contain the following
   sub-TLVs:

      - TE Router ID sub-TLV: Length: 4; Defined in Section 6.2
      - Node IPv4 Local Address sub-TLV: Length: variable; [RFC5786]
      - Node IPv6 Local Address sub-TLV: Length: variable; [RFC5786]

   A router may support multiple transport nodes as discussed in section
   6, and, as a result, may be required to advertise reachability (ASON
   SNPPs) separately for each transport node. As a consequence, it MUST
   be possible for the router to originate more than one TE LSA
   containing the Node Attribute TLV when used for ASON reachability
   advertisement.

   Hence, the Node Attribute TLV [RFC5786] advertisement rules must be
   relaxed for ASON. A Node Attribute TLV MAY appear in more than one TE
   LSA originated by the RC when the RC is advertising reachability
   information for a different transport node identified by the Local TE
   Router Sub-TLV (refer to section 6.1).
Here is a link to the document: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis-03.txt

If you have any concerns with this change, please send them to this list with the CCAMP list copied. 

Thanks,
Acee

---

From: Zhangfatai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 03:11:25 +0000

Hi all,

Can this relaxation be applicable to all the future OSFPv2 documents ?

Thanks

Fatai

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Acee Lindem
Sent: 2011年11月28日 9:14
To: [email-masked] List
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [OSPF] Updates to ASON Routing for OSPFv2 Protocols (RFC 5787bis) will Update RFC 5786

   sub-TLVs:

   advertisement.

Thanks,
Acee

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:58:22 -0500

Hi Fatai,
We have two separate requirements here. The ASON requirement is to be able to advertise reachability information for multiple ASON transport nodes. As you've noted, there has been an independent requirement to advertise more information than will fit in a single LSA. Our draft only addresses the first. However, we'll consider this when addressing Adrian's comments. Much of this depends on whether or not we do a second review and WG last call. 
Thanks,
Acee

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 06:50:22 -0500

Acee,
	Don't you think that addressing the second is a major change enough
change that it should be done in a standalone draft?

Lou

On 11/28/2011 9:58 AM, Acee Lindem wrote:
> Hi Fatai,
> We have two separate requirements here. The ASON requirement is to be
> able to advertise reachability information for multiple ASON transport
> nodes. As you've noted, there has been an independent requirement to
> advertise more information than will fit in a single LSA. Our draft only
> addresses the first. However, we'll consider this when addressing
> Adrian's comments. Much of this depends on whether or not we do a second
> review and WG last call. 
> Thanks,
> Acee
> 
>> *From:* [email-masked]
>> <mailto:[email-masked]> [mailto:[email-masked]] *On
>> Behalf Of *Acee Lindem
>> *Sent:* 2011年11月28日 9:14
>> *To:* [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> List
>> *Cc:* [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>> *Subject:* [OSPF] Updates to ASON Routing for OSPFv2 Protocols (RFC
>> 5787bis) will Update RFC 5786
>>  
>> Please note that this document relaxes the RFC 5786  restriction that
>> a Node Attribute TLV may only appear in a single OSPF TE LSA. Here is
>> the text:
>>  
>> Here is a link to the
>> document: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis-03.txt
>>  
> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:31:05 -0500

Hi Lou, 
I think that would be my preference given that it would be a change to base OSPF TE. 
Thanks,
Acee