Subject: [OSPF] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-06.txt> (OSPF Multi-Instance Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 07:07:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document:
- 'OSPF Multi-Instance Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-12-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   OSPFv3 includes a mechanism for supporting multiple instances on the
   same interface.  OSPFv2 could benefit from such a mechanism in order
   to support multiple routing domains on the same subnet.  The OSPFv2
   instance ID is reserved for support of separate OSPFv2 protocol
   instances.  This is different from OSPFv3 where it could be used for
   other purposes such as putting the same interface in multiple areas.
   OSPFv2 supports this capability using a separate subnet or the OSPF
   multi-area adjacency capability.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.