Subject: [OSPF] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5340 (3351)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 21:57:39 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5340,
"OSPF for IPv6".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5340&eid=3351

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Michael Barnes <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.4.3.4

Original Text
-------------
   o  Link-local addresses MUST never be advertised in inter-area-
      prefix-LSAs.

Corrected Text
--------------
   o  Link-local addresses MUST never be advertised in inter-area-
      prefix-LSAs.

  o   If the router's router-LSA R-bit is clear, only IPv6 prefixes
      associated with local interfaces MAY be advertised in
      inter-area-prefix-LSAs. Non-local IPv6 prefixes, e.g., those 
      advertised by other routers and installed during the SPF computation,
      MUST NOT be advertised in inter-area-prefixes-LSAs. 

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5340 (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-update-23)
--------------------------------------
Title               : OSPF for IPv6
Publication Date    : July 2008
Author(s)           : R. Coltun, D. Ferguson, J. Moy, A. Lindem
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Open Shortest Path First IGP
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG