Subject: [OSPF] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-02.txt

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 13:25:37 +0000

This version includes a change to allow differing hello/dead intervals for
auto-configured routers. This was based on input in the Homenet WG and
interoperability testing between auto-configured implementations.

   3.  OSPFv3 HelloInterval/RouterDeadInterval Flexibility

   Auto-configured OSPFv3 routers will not require an identical
   HelloInterval and RouterDeadInterval to form adjacencies.  Rather,
   the received HelloInterval will be ignored and the received
   RouterDeadInterval will be used to determine OSPFv3 liveliness with
   the sending router.  In other words, the Inactivity Timer for each
   neighbor will reflect that neighbor's advertised RouterDeadInterval
   and MAY be different from other OSPFv3 routers on the link without
   impacting adjacency formation.  A similar mechanism requiring
   additional signaling is proposed for all OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 routers
   [ASYNC-HELLO].

I also put MANET requirements out of scope.

   Auto-configured operation over wireless networks requiring a
   point-to-multipoint (P2MP) topology and dynamic metrics
   based on wireless feedback is not within the scope of this
   document.  However, auto-configuration is not precluded in
   these environments.

Thanks,
Acee

On 4/15/13 7:14 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-02.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Acee Lindem and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig
>Revision:	 02
>Title:		 OSPFv3 Auto-Configuration
>Creation date:	 2013-04-15
>Group:		 ospf
>Number of pages: 17
>URL:             
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-02.t
>xt
>Status:          
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig
>Htmlized:        
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-02
>Diff:            
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-02
>
>Abstract:
>   OSPFv3 is a candidate for deployments in environments where auto-
>   configuration is a requirement.  One such environment is the IPv6
>   home network where users expect to simply plug in a router and have
>   it automatically use OSPFv3 for intra-domain routing.  This document
>   describes the necessary mechanisms for OSPFv3 to be self-configuring.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>