Subject: [OSPF] Fwd: NOMCOM - Critical shortage of nominees for multiple areas

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:39:11 +0000

Begin forwarded message:

From: NomCom Chair 2013 <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: October 17, 2013 10:24:34 AM EDT
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: IETF Discuss <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: NOMCOM - Critical shortage of nominees for multiple areas
Reply-To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <"2013 <nomcom-chair-2013"@ietf.org>

[Catchier Subject line - apologies to those offended by a duplicate]

A critically low number of people have accepted nominations for some of the
IESG open positions.  There is only one nominee per slot in APP, OPS and TSV,
only two in INT and RAI.  Many folks have declined nominations.

While the Nomcom appreciates that support for two years of intense service
is hard to assure, and while we are aware that there is much support for the
incumbents who are standing, the IETF should continually be considering
which new talent is available for our leadership, and the Nomcom process
needs for there to be some review and deliberation.

Therefore, we urgently request that more nominees come forward.

DEADLINES
Nominations - October 18
Questionnaires from nominees - October 25

Not coincidentally, this is a good time to think over and send your comments
about the current statements of desired expertise of positions - this is part of
the Nomcom's annual review process as well.  Send them to [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>.

Definitive location [*] of the current statements on desired expertise:
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/expertise/

Instructions and details on nomination [**]:
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/60602/

Thanks, everyone,

Allison for the Nomcom

[*] This year the Nomcom tools were recoded, and also transitioned into the
datatracker.  Apologies for a number of places where we didn't catch reference
errors.

[**] Yes, alas, the previous call for nominations used "OAM" instead of "OPS," but
we have* corrected this (chair's pilot) error where it occurred in the Nomcom
pages.