Subject: [OSPF] RFC 7038 on Use of OSPF-MDR in Single-Hop Broadcast Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:35:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7038

        Title:      Use of OSPF-MDR in Single-Hop 
                    Broadcast Networks 
        Author:     R. Ogier
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15535
        Updates:    RFC 5614

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-manet-single-hop-mdr-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7038.txt

RFC 5614 (OSPF-MDR) extends OSPF to support mobile ad hoc networks
(MANETs) by specifying its operation on the new OSPF interface of type
MANET.  This document describes the use of OSPF-MDR (MANET Designated
Router) in a single-hop broadcast network, which is a special case of a 
MANET in which each router is a (one-hop) neighbor of each other router.  
Unlike an OSPF broadcast interface, such an interface can have a different 
cost associated with each neighbor.  The document includes configuration
recommendations and simplified mechanisms that can be used in
single-hop broadcast networks.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC