Subject: [OSPF] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6969 (3975)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 12:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6969,
"OSPFv3 Instance ID Registry Update".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6969&eid=3975

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Peter Palúch <[email-masked]>

Section: 1

Original Text
-------------
   +---------+---------------------------------------------+-----------+
   | Value   | Description                                 | Reference |
   +---------+---------------------------------------------+-----------+
   | 0       | IPv6 unicast AF                             | [RFC5838] |
   | 1 - 31  | Base IPv6 Unicast AF dependent on local     | [RFC5838] |
   |         | policy                                      |           |
   | 32      | Base IPv6 Multicast                         | [RFC5838] |
   | 33-63   | IPv6 Multicast AFs dependent on local       | [RFC5838] |
   |         | policy                                      |           |
   | 64      | Base IPv4 Unicast AF                        | [RFC5838] |
   | 65-95   | IPv4 Unicast AFs dependent on local policy  | [RFC5838] |
   | 96      | Base IPv4 Multicast                         | [RFC5838] |
   | 97-127  | IPv4 Multicast AFs dependent on local       | [RFC5838] |
   |         | policy                                      |           |
   | 128-255 | Unassigned                                  | [RFC5838] |
   +---------+---------------------------------------------+-----------+

Corrected Text
--------------
   +---------+---------------------------------------------+-----------+
   | Value   | Description                                 | Reference |
   +---------+---------------------------------------------+-----------+
   | 0       | Base IPv6 Unicast AF                        | [RFC5838] |
   | 1 - 31  | IPv6 Unicast AFs dependent on local policy  | [RFC5838] |
   | 32      | Base IPv6 Multicast AF                      | [RFC5838] |
   | 33-63   | IPv6 Multicast AFs dependent on local       | [RFC5838] |
   |         | policy                                      |           |
   | 64      | Base IPv4 Unicast AF                        | [RFC5838] |
   | 65-95   | IPv4 Unicast AFs dependent on local policy  | [RFC5838] |
   | 96      | Base IPv4 Multicast                         | [RFC5838] |
   | 97-127  | IPv4 Multicast AFs dependent on local       | [RFC5838] |
   |         | policy                                      |           |
   | 128-255 | Unassigned                                  | [RFC5838] |
   +---------+---------------------------------------------+-----------+

Notes
-----
The term "Base" applies to Instance ID 0, not to IDs 1-31 which are additional IPv6 unicast AFs. Additionally, to keep the formatting consistent, the first letter in terms "Unicast" and "Multicast" is capitalized in each term instance. Also, in the description of values 1-31, "AF" is replaced with "AFs".

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6969 (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-iid-registry-update-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : OSPFv3 Instance ID Registry Update
Publication Date    : July 2013
Author(s)           : A. Retana, D. Cheng
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Open Shortest Path First IGP
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG