Subject: [OSPF] WG adoption---draft-chen-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3?

From: Ing-Wher Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 00:53:25 +0000

Hello,

I'd like to ask if the working group would adopt and help improve and refine
the following draft:

<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3/>

This document describes a mechanism to transport OSPfv3 over IPv4.
The mechanism allows devices to migrate to OSPFv3 first, which would help
with transition to IPv6 later.

The latest -01 version addresses an earlier question by including
an IPv4-only use case in which deployed devices cannot communicate
in IPv6 but would benefit from using the mechanism proposed in this draft
to transition to OSPFv3 for now.  Until all devices can communicate using IPv6,
consolidating to OSPFv3 can still reduce operational complexity and cost.

Thanks,
Helen

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:39:05 +0000

Hi Helen,
As an author, I would certainly support this work. I think it is clearly
in the OSPF WG¹s best interest to facilitate migration to a single
version. When that happens will be dependent on numerous factors including
requirements, deployments, and how well we facilitate it.
Thanks,
Acee

On 7/22/14, 8:53 PM, "Ing-Wher Chen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>OSPF mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf