Subject: [OSPF] FW: New Version Notification - draft-ietf-ospf-security-extension-manual-keying-11.txt

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:41:32 +0000

Note that this version includes the clarification of Apad initialization:

     OSPF routers sending OSPF packets must initialize the first 4 octets
     of Apad to the value of the IP source address that would be used when
     sending the OSPFv2 packet.  The remainder of Apad will contain the
     value 0x878FE1F3 repeated (L - 4)/4 times, where L is the length of
     the hash, measured in octets.  The basic idea is to incorporate the
     IP source address from the IP header in the cryptographic
     authentication computation so that any change of IP source address in
     a replayed packet can be detected.

Thanks,
Acee

On 11/10/14, 10:37 AM, "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I believe this version satisfies both Adrian¹s and Suresh¹s comments made
>during the IESG and GENART review. It also includes a editorial correction
>from Alissa Cooper.
>
>Thanks,
>Acee
>
>On 11/10/14, 10:27 AM, "[email-masked]"
><[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>
>>A new version (-11) has been submitted for
>>draft-ietf-ospf-security-extension-manual-keying:
>>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-security-extension-ma
>>n
>>ual-keying-11.txt
>>
>>Sub state has been changed to AD Followup from Revised ID Needed
>>
>>
>>The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
>>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-security-extension-manua
>>l
>>-keying/
>>
>>Diff from previous version:
>>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-security-extension-manua
>>l
>>-keying-11
>>
>>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>>submission
>>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>>
>>IETF Secretariat.
>>
>