Subject: [OSPF] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-10.txt> (OSPFv3 Auto-Configuration) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 10:53:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document:
- 'OSPFv3 Auto-Configuration'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   OSPFv3 is a candidate for deployments in environments where auto-
   configuration is a requirement.  One such environment is the IPv6
   home network where users expect to simply plug in a router and have
   it automatically use OSPFv3 for intra-domain routing.  This document
   describes the necessary mechanisms for OSPFv3 to be self-configuring.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.