Subject: [OSPF] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 01:53:01 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

>From an OPS point of view, I'm mainly interested in what is out of scope,
as written in the writeup: "There has been much discusson as to how these
metrics would be collected and how they will be used. These topics were
deemed to to be out of scope".
So I'll wait for a companion document.

I agree with Alissa and Stephen that the following paragraph is
confusing:

   "While this document does not specify how the performance information
   should be obtained, the measurement of delay SHOULD NOT vary
   significantly based upon the offered traffic load.  Thus, queuing
   delays and/or loss SHOULD NOT be included in any dynamic delay
   measurement."