Subject: [OSPF] OSPF Topology Transparent Zone (TTZ) WG poll for adoption as experimental

From: kote anumolu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 01:29:13 +0000 (UTC)

I support the adoption of draft-chen-ospf-ttz-09 as an experimental one.
Regards,
kote

---

From: Yanhe Fan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 03:33:12 +0000

Support.

Yanhe Fan

From: OSPF [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Acee Lindem (acee)
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 4:09 PM
To: OSPF WG List
Subject: [OSPF] OSPF Topology Transparent Zone (TTZ) WG Poll for Adoption as Experimental

We have discussed OSPF TTZ at several IETFs and the authors and their colleagues have even developed a working prototype. We believe there is consensus that the protocol mechanisms are viable. However, there is disagreement as to whether or not these mechanisms will provide significant benefit. The answer is definitely topology and deployment dependent. After some discussion, we have decided to poll for adoption as an experimental draft. Please indicate your support or opposition WG adoption as experimental prior to January 24th, 2015.

For your convenience, here is a URL for the draft:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-chen-ospf-ttz-09.txt

Thanks,
Acee and Abhay

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:18:28 +0000

We have sufficient support for the TTZ work and will accept it an
experimental protocol extension.

Huaimo - please reissue the draft as draft-ietf-ospf-ttz-00.txt.

Thanks,
Acee and Abhay

On 1/10/15, 4:09 PM, "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>We have discussed OSPF TTZ at several IETFs and the authors and their
>colleagues have even developed a working prototype. We believe there is
>consensus that the protocol mechanisms are viable. However, there is
>disagreement as to whether or not these mechanisms will provide
>significant benefit. The answer is definitely topology and deployment
>dependent. After some discussion, we have decided to poll for adoption as
>an experimental draft. Please indicate your support or opposition WG
>adoption as experimental prior to January 24th, 2015.
>
>[email-masked]