Subject: [OSPF] Protocol Action: 'OSPFv3 Auto-Configuration' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 08:23:59 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPFv3 Auto-Configuration'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig/

Technical Summary

      This document specifies auto-configuration of OSPFv3 routers in
      certain environments that require auto-configuration, such as in a
      small IPv6 network like a home network.  To facilitate
      auto-configuration, this document specifies the default
      configuration, allows more flexibility in some verifications
      required by the OSPFv3 specification, and also describes a
      possible collision as well as the mechanism to resolve the 
      collision.

Working Group Summary

      The OSPFv3 router ID collision detection and resolution was a
      heated point of discussion a few months ago, but the issue has
      been resolved by IETF 89.  The technical aspect of the document,
      both within the document and mailing list discussions, have been
      stable for the last six months.

Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document for a little under two years.
      It is stable, without changes to the technical solution for more
      than six months.  There are also two implementations based on this
      document already.  There is potentially a third implementation
      which implements parts of this draft.

Personnel

      Helen Chen is the Document Shepherd.
      Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.