Subject: [OSPF] Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-ospf-sbfd-discriminator-04

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 11:09:42 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area 
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG for the IETF Chair. Please treat these comments just like any other 
last call comments. For more information, please see the FAQ at 
<​http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-ospf-sbfd-discriminator-04
Reviewer: Pete Resnick
Review Date: 2016-04-18
IETF LC End Date: 2016-04-26
IESG Telechat date: 2016-05-05

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments: Two clarifications, one typo:

2.1:

OLD
    Type - S-BFD Discriminator TLV Type
NEW
    Type - S-BFD Discriminator TLV Type (TBD [to be filled in by IANA])
END

OLD
    Length - Total length of the discriminator (Value field) in octets,
    not including the optional padding.  The Length is a multiple of 4
    octets, and consequently specifies how many Discriminators are
    included in the TLV.
NEW
    Length - Total length of the discriminator(s) that appear in the
    Value field, in octets. Each discriminator is 4 octets, so the 
Length
    is 4 times the number of Discriminators included in the TLV. There 
is
    no optional padding for this field.
END

2.2:

OLD
    Note that the S-BFD session may be required to pan multiple areas
NEW
    Note that the S-BFD session may be required to span multiple areas
END

-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 17:38:38 +0000

Hi, Pete,

Many thanks for your review.

Good catches, I agree with the three editorial suggestions below. I’ve made these changes in our working copy.

Thanks,

— Carlos.

> On Apr 18, 2016, at 12:09 PM, Pete Resnick <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please treat these comments just like any other last call comments. For more information, please see the FAQ at <​http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq> <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq%3E>.
> 
> Value field, in octets. Each discriminator is 4 octets, so the Length
> is 4 times the number of Discriminators included in the TLV. There is
> Pete Resnick http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/ <http://www.qualcomm.com/%7Epresnick/>