Subject: [OSPF] AD review of draft-ietf-ospf-two-part-metric-05

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 23:19:09 -0400

First, I would like to thank the authors, Jeffrey, Lili, Acee, David,
Vibhor and Tom, for their work on this draft.

As is customary, I have done my AD review
of draft-ietf-ospf-two-part-metric-05.
I do have a few concerns which are detailed below.  The number of authors
will block progressing to IESG telechat until it is addressed.   Trusting
to a timely resolution of the issues below, I am requesting IETF Last
Call.  With prompt action, this document can make it to the August 18
telechat for approval.

Review Comments:

First, this fairly short document has 6 authors.   As you all well know,
the usual limit for drafts progressing is 5.  This greatly simplifies the
interactions during AUTH48 and there is rarely more than a few active
editors.  Please consider if you can reduce it and explain to me privately
what justifications might exist, if any, for not doing so.

Second, please update the TBDs in the document for the various IANA
allocated sub-TLV values to be TBD1, TBD2, and TBD3 so it's easier to
replace during IANA and RFC Editor processing.

Third, Sec 3.7 defines bit 0 to have specific meaning but doesn't indicate
that in the IANA section.  Please update the IANA section to clearly
indicate the bit being requested (or update the bit to be a TBD4).  The
term used to refer to the bit also varies between 3.7 and 4.  Please pick
one term and stick with it.  In 3.7, it is "Router Functional
Capability Bit" and in Sec 4, it is Router Informational Capability Bits.

Regards,
Alia